Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Mike's Birthday (The Day After Christmas)

Another bust on Mike's big day. Blizzard 1 Mike 0.

This year Mother Nature sent Mike another blizzard for his birthday. As if the poor kids birthday isn't already on a crappy day, lets throw in a snow storm that makes it impossible to even leave the house. Boo. So this year we celebrated but by staying in doors and booking a cruise in March. Not to bad or a trade I guess. We also spend some time playing games, watching movies and of course laying by the fire (my favorite activity ever.)

I made him guacamole, warmed up Christmas left overs for his big dinner and managed to bake him some birthday cupcakes. I tried to make them look cooler by photographing them with my new camera, but they still look pretty humble. Eh, watcha gonna do? I tried my best. At least he got a few nice gifts and some family bonding over games.

We have vowed to make the big 3-0 next year way more fun by spending it in Utah with his twin Melanie. Cross our fingers that our flight doesn't get cancelled due to a blizzard.






























2 comments:

  1. Mike and Matthew can have a joint b-day party next year. We'll invite all their friends from the ward. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realize Mike is a twin!

    ReplyDelete