Sunday, November 28, 2010

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

I L-O-V-E, love this time of year. Black friday officially rings in the Christmas season for me! I got up at 4am this year with less than 4 hours of sleep and was anxious to get started. I'm not so sure Mike was ready for my enthusiasm or the crowds. We started off our morning at Wal-mart. I got about 15 DVD's most of which were $1.90 and no more than $5. I love building out DVD collection. Mike doesn't watch movies as much but I love to put them on while I clean or while I'm relaxing. After Wal-mart we headed to Kohl's were we got a lot of good deals. I saves as much as I spent. At this point Mike was ready to go home but he stuck it out while we went to Target. By they time I got there at 7:45 the things I wanted were pretty picked over. Pretty crazy huh? We headed to the mall after target and there I pretty much finished my Christmas shopping!!

Saturday concluded my college football season with a Buckeye win over our arch rivals Michigan. I'm pretty sad for it to be over. I watched more college football and spent more time on ESPN.com than I think Mike did this year! Oh well next year I can feel a national title! ;-)

Today Mike and I decorated the Christmas tree. I love getting out all my old ornaments and remembering the stories that go with each of them.

What a pretty tree!
Aren't these sweaters a riot? I love them. They were one of my great Black Friday deals... $2.50 a piece! Not bad. Don't worry they will be sporting these bad boys all December long!
Rosalie hates clothes the most and acts like she can't move while she wears them. She has spent here night hiding from me under the tree.
My 2 favorite girls!
This year I have a bannister and I was anxious to spruce it up! I got this BEAUTIFUL strand of garland at Costco and am happy with the way it turned out!
"Deck the Halls..."
Finally, my little "Nativity Stand." I put it right between the TV and the tree to help us remember what we are celebrating this time of year!
JESUS IS THE REASON FOR THE SEASON :)

3 comments:

  1. I love your Christmas decorations!!! They are so beautiful. And I also enjoyed our Buckeye win :) even though Chris kept taunting me, cheering for Michigan... he eventually quieted down after they stopped scoring haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a fun weekend! You're crazy to get up that early, but totally worth it:) Your tree is great and your cats are really funny! Love it!

    ReplyDelete