Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Regis and Kelly


I have lived in the New York Metro area for over two years now and haven't taken advantage of the city like I should. So I decided since I'm not working every morning that I should apply for tickets to a few shows that are taped in the area. I was surprised how fast I heard back from them. I sent my envelope in requesting tickets to the Regis and Kelly show on Thursday and on the following Tuesday they called me and offered me 4 tickets to a show the following week. I was ecstatic. I found a few of my friends in the ward to join me and off we went. We left at 6:15 in the morning and drove down to where the temple is. Turns out that the show is taped just a few blocks away.
I was so excited to be in the studio that I see on TV everyday!
Gilman the director of the show who is so funny and manipulates the audience into their reactions!
The hosts of the show, my two favorite people on TV at 9am....
Regis Philbin and Kelly Ripa...
The girls Lisa, Kristin, Camille and Corrine.

The guest on the show that day weren't A list but still fun to see. My favorite was when Regis and Kelly would come to the audience during commercials and talk to us. We had a short conversation with them. This is how it went.

Regis (talking to our section): Can you guys see ok, I know all these cameras can get in the way..
Kris: We are just honored to be in your presence Regis... (I know the eternal brown nosier)
Regis: Aww you are to kind (sends kisses my way.)
Corrine: Regis we live in CT too (He has a weekend home in Greenwich, one town below us)
Regis: Oh really, what part
Corrine: Close to you, in Darien
Regis: Oh Darien, thats a nice place. Thats where all the Hoyte-Toyte people live...

at this point he goes on about this and Kelly joins in about attending dinner at Judge Judy's house in Greenwich and how it was actually a castle and she felt underdressed the minute she pulled up.

It was a great time and since it was so easy to get tickets I'm sure I'll go back. So for all of you who want to come visit... new incentive is tickets to the show :)




3 comments:

  1. How fun!! I want to go with you!! Seriously- we NEED to do something when I'm in Connecticut!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun, there are so many fun things I didn't do when we lived there. Next time we live out there I am not going to have a job so I can play in the city all day long!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! I need to get tickets to their show, it looks like so much fun. Glad you had a great time. Now I can't wait to hear about Martha.

    ReplyDelete