Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving this year. I really love cooking and entertaining so having great friends come over for a feast is like my own personal heaven. We woke up in the morning and Mike went to go play in the "Turkey Bowl" and I turned on the Macy's Day Parade (I will make Mike go with me next year...) and starting my tasks.

I had made all the pies the day before so I was good on that front (I made 2 pumpkin pies from scratch this year (as in I made my own pumpkin puree out of 2 sugar pumpkins.) I also made an apple crisp pie and a cherry pie. So as you can guess we have a lot of pie laying around!) I got the turkey ready and started to work on the house. I was happy to get it all done and still have time to shower and put on make-up before everyone got there.

The place settings
This is me trying to be an artistic photographer... and failing... :)
We had 3 other couples come. They all brought something delicious to add to our feast so our meal was :
Turkey
Rolls
Yams
Green Bean Casserole
Mashed Potatoes
Gravy
Stuffing
Cranberry relish
DESSERT:
Pumpkin pie
Cherry pie
Apple crisp pie
Peaches and Cream cobbler
After our meal we visited and looked at the black friday ads going back and forth trying to decide if staying out all night was worth it. We also watched Elf and played the eternal companions game which I really enjoyed. You get to know the other couples a lot better and your spouse too!
I wish I would have taken pictures of our guests! Anyways this year we have A LOT to be grateful for. We really took a lot of big steps of faith the past six months. I quite my job not having another one to replace it so out cash flow was not very consistent. We also decided to move while I was unemployed and still in contract with our old place. And Mike and his CFA endeavors!

I'm so grateful for these challenges we faced this year. It really brought us to our knees and closer together. As we made personal and family scripture study and pray a priority the windows of heaven really poured down on us. Just recently we received another major blessing. I was offered a full time position in the school I have been substituting at. This is a great opportunity and I feel so blessed. So thank you Heavenly Father for all the tender mercies you have given us and answers to prayers you have bestowed upon us.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving and that you thanked Father in Heaven for the blessings he has given us!!

3 comments:

  1. Wow that is a feast! Glad you have some great friends to spend thanksgiving with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so awesome... I wish we could have come to your feast!!! I made some amazing pie this year too... :-) I would have loved to share it with you. I miss my Kristin!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post may or may not have made me cry, wishing we were there (ok, it did, but since I was with family I think I am not supposed to be sad : )

    ReplyDelete