Saturday, November 27, 2010

The Martha Stewart Show

This past Tuesday I had tickets to the Martha Stewart Show. My friends Colleen and Corinne accompanied me. What a fun time! We had a quick lunch at Chipotle then headed to the studio.
The whole process of check in and being seated was very organized. We ended up on the front row!! When the show aired (on Thanksgiving) you could see us about 3 or 4 times. The studio is absolutely gorgeous!
The Kitchen
The prep kitchen
The garden

The show was about using your Thanksgiving left overs in creative ways. It was a fun show but I was really hoping for a Christmas show. I did however get a little christmas when the audience gift was a copy of Debbie Macomer's "Call Me Mrs. Miracle." The book was made into a movie and will premier tonight (Saturday) at 7pm on the Hallmark Channel. It looks like a cute movie.
After they had finished taping the show Martha took questions from the audience. I have been working on a project using her products and had a question for her. This is how the conversation went.

Kris: I have been crafting some wooden ornaments. I used your craft clue and glitter to decorate them. After they have dried I am noticing little patched were the glitter is falling off. I know I covered the bulbs well and am surprised to have this problem. What can I do to stop this from happening and keep the glitter on.
Martha: Humm, did you over them well with the craft glue?
Kris: Yep.
Martha: Then it is a mystery to me... (as they are passing the microphone to someone else) The application must have been faulty.

I got showed up by Martha. Haha. We couldn't stop laughing because that is just like her to make sure she has the last word!
I think I'll try going to her show again. It was a very fun afternoon!

3 comments:

  1. This looks SO fun!! Maybe we should go to a show? Also, I got the dates a little confused... we will be there Dec. 22-Jan 2, but the week after Christmas would work great for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky! Oh, the perks of living close to NYC!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! Glad you got great seats and you were scene on tv. Funny about Martha getting the last word.

    ReplyDelete