Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Weekend


So my easter weekend started out a little disastrous. I had to use my last paid vacation day on Friday so I could stay home all day and write my final (an 8 page research paper.) It doesn't sound that bad, but knowing I had one day to do it and it was THAT day really put the presure on me. I rolled over at 8:30 and started typing by 6 pm when Mike got home I was still in my PJ's and feeling cranky. But my husband being the sweetheart he is brought me home this BEAUTIFUL bouquet of flowers that smelled OH so wonderful.



Then we went to the season first BBQ at our friends house. I'm sad I didn't take pictures. The food was great and he company was superb (as always.) We watch "The Ringer" that night. I have always been nervous to watch it since it is about a guy rigging the special olympic, but it was really a sweet movie.

Saturday was Conference Saturday so of course it was full of a lot of festivities. One of which was a "time out for girls." (I just named it that. :) A few of my girlfriends and I went to get manicures and pedicures for the upcoming summer season. It was fun to spend time doing something girl in between the 2 sessions.
Lindsey and Cynda
&
Myself and Aubri
While Mike and I listened to Conference I decided to do a few Easter related things. I had sooo much fun making these very pretty and delicious cut out cookies!! It was only my second time working with royal frosting and I thought it turned out really well. I Love them!
Easter Bunnies and Flowers
Cute Eater Eggs. I like the one with our names written on them best.

Then I put together an easter basket for some of our really close friends. I love making Easter baskets. They really just make me happy!
Of course that night the women had a girls night complete with Taco Salad and homemade "south of the boarder" bread. And the men had pizza and more conference!

This morning I made Mike hide my easter baskets and I hid his (Just like my family did when we were little.) I had fun watching him hunt for his and then of course scooting out the house for mine!
He was really happy with all the little kids toys he got. They really came in handy at the park later that day. I LOVED my Easter basket because it came with "Jungle Book" and "The Princess and the Frog" I am going through a huge Disney movie phase right now. I LOVE them!!
For our Easter Dinner we met out friends at a great beach down the road. We all brought something to contribute to the meal. It was so much fun. We were there for quite a while.
The spread (1/2 eaten)
Mike playing w/ K who LOVED the bubbles
Cute kissy picture (and Ben's head)
Waking by the water

Ben and Cynda
Lindsey and K
Mike the "circus clown" with his blow up balloons.
K on her first easter Egg Hunt
Megan and Braden (So darling)
The boys playing Botchi
The women enjoying one another company.

I'd say all in all it was a pretty successful Easter weekend. I feel so blessed to have such wonderful friends out here to spend the Holidays with. Without them it would feel so lonely. They really are more like family, which is a huge blessing.

4 comments:

  1. funnnn! I feel like we really missed out. Oh well I guess that's what happens when you move away :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. That picture of my manicure is STUNNING!!! haha
    2. Sorry about last night, I fell asleep...apparently my rock climbing did not agree with pregnancy : ) We will have to get our Pacific on sometime this week.
    3. Thanks so much for the basket, sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We hide our Easter baskets too. I love that tradition! Joel doesn't so much though.

    ReplyDelete