Thursday, April 8, 2010

LeBron Ain't got nothing on my Husband! :)


I feel like Mike needs a little spotlight today. Since November Mike has been playing on a work league basketball team. Every Thursday night they have a game, and I hate to be a bragger but my hubby scores A LOT of points. His teammates aren't to be left in the shadows though. Those boys have talent and they play really well together. In the regular season I think they lost two games but held the number one spot in their division. Over the past few weeks there was the tournament for the championship. These guys showed up to play and fought through some pretty tough games to pull off wins and advance to the next round.

I went to the final four game last Thursday and man was it intense. They played a team they had lost to in the regular season. The other team was big, athletic and LeBron James like. At the end of the first quarter they were down by 12, then something happened and they turned the game around by half time they had scored 24 points and only gave up 2 points to the other team. Thats really impressive. Durning the second half things got tight again and the Portfolio Advisors cheering section we thinking we were going to have to cheer them through an overtime. They were up by 2 points with 3 seconds left in the game. The other team had the ball but all the way on the end of the court. In the final second their best player shot up a ball from half court. I really thought it was going to go in... but lady luck was on our side! It bounced off the backboard and PA WINS to advance to the championship!!!!

The championship game was tonight at 6:15 so I missed it due to work. I figured I wasn't missing much though. I saw the team they were playing the week before... and it didn't look good. Nine guys, all of which looked like they were straight from Space Jam. Even Mike admitted he thought they had a 20% chance of winning tonight. Somehow though- they WON!!! I'm so proud of him!! He is one of the most competitive guys I know so a win like this puts him on a natural high for weeks! Here are some pictures (from his phone so the quality is poor) of my basketball star and the HUGE trophy the team got to keep in their office!



I think we need mike to recount the basketball game here for our future sons. When Mike is 50 and isn't quite as youthful as he is right now, he will need some glory moments to recount to what is sure to be our teasing sons.

1 comment: