Monday, April 19, 2010

Ready-Set-GO!

Today I did something that as a child and teenager I never believed I would. I registered for a 5K. Now, I know to some of you this is no big deal. You can run 3.5 miles in your sleep. However, for me this is a huge deal. I've recently started running on outside for the first time in my life and I really enjoy it. Don't get me wrong I'm not running the whole time. I'm running/jogging for a set time then walking for a set time so that I can slowly work into it. The race is on May 20th (my dads 50th birthday.) So that gives me one month. The good news is that if I need to walk for a few minutes I'll be able too. So wish me luck my friends. This is all in preparation for what I hope to be training for a 1/2 marathon this March at Disney World!

Before I get two serious though I need new running shoes. Mine are giving me blisters. I also need some type of a system that tracks the distance and time I'm running.
Wish me luck!! This is a huge deal for me and I hope since I have semi-publicly announced it I won't be able to back down... So in the words of little Karrigan... "Ready... Set.. GO!!!"

5 comments:

  1. Shoes depend a lot of what type of runner you are...I will always wear Asics because I run on the inside of my feet. It all depends. Just get something that works so that you don't get hurt. Also, you could try this for recording milage...

    http://www.breakingthetape.com/

    It seemed to work well and you can transfer the info to your blog.

    Go luck and happy runnin'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck!!! Maybe if I wasn't great with child I would join you...MAYBE : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that's awesome. Running and I have a love-hate relationship. I admire you for being determined.

    On a side note: MY dad's birthday is May 20th too!! That's so crazy. Except my dad is a little older than your dad. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You go girl! Blow it out of the water!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you! I love running and I am trying to get back in shape by starting again. I always feel so much better after even a 15 min run.
    I have a website I use for tracking runs. Maybe this can help you! http://www.mapmyrun.com/
    Happy Running!

    ReplyDelete