Sunday, March 7, 2010

A Year and a Half

Feburary 23rd was Mike and I's one and a half year anniversary. (I would have liked to put this post up 2 weeks ago closer to the actual date... but hey.) In honor of our blessed union I feel it appropriate to write some things I have learned about my husband over the past 1 1/2 as well as some things I really love about him.
- He has the most sensitive belly button. You even come close to him and he tenses up.
- He does not like to shave and takes any opportunity he has to be "scruffy."
- He HAS to shower first thing in the morning EVERYDAY or he is cranky
- He is a cover hog (but I am a bed hog.)
- He is an extremely hard worker. He really gives 110%, I'm so impressed by him.
- He is willing to do anything to keep me from crying (even keep the cats he may be allergic to because he knows how much I love them.)
- He HAS to get out and play basketball, golf or something that gets him moving at least once a week, or he gets antsy
- He is a lot more tidy than I am
- He is really good at calming me down when I get upset
- He loves his Heavenly Father and tries his hardest to live the way He would have him live.
- He LOVES to learn new things. Every few months he gets really into something and he does research, reads books and follows through with what he's learned. (For example, he has done AWESOME at investing in the stock market.)
- He's really great at staying in touch with people. He calls friends and family a lot more frequently than I do.
- When I ask him to cook dinner or do something else for me, he completely takes the reigns on the situation and gets it done well.
- I've yet to meet someone who doesn't like him or someone HE doesn't like. He just looks for the good in people and goes from their.
- He's pretty dang funny, but its in his own unique sense of humor.
- He HATES doing laundry BUT he doesn't mind taking out the trash and vacuuming (my two least favorites
- When he sets his mind to something, it gets done and it gets done well.
- The way to his heart is by serving him, thats how he knows you love him.

My husband is the greatest and I love him so much for so many reasons. I'm so lucky that I get to keep him for eternity!

Here are a few more pictures from our special day.

The Columbus Ohio Temple , where my grandpa sealed us for time and all eternity.


Mike has some really great friends/family and we were lucky to have them in Ohio with us for our special day.
My two best friends from high school on both sides of me and my best friend/roomie from College Sarah.
(Should be noted Mike has a new ring now. We thought he lost it so we bought a new one. Three months later we found it under the fridge where Epp's must have "hid" it from us.


The head table
Bobbers giving the toast
I got him soooo good!
Mike and his wonderful Grandma Dayton
(My brother caught this)
(And my sister caught that)
I love this picture. My wonderful mommy and I.
I think everyone had a lot of fun!

Since I started this blog a while after we got married I don't have any of "Our story" written down for our posterity. :) So I think the next few posts will be on that.

3 comments:

  1. Such a sweet post! I think it would be awesome if you asked him to do the same! Wouldn't it be neat to see what he has learned about you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't stand Mike...haha, just kidding. You snagged yourself a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Congrats you two!

    ReplyDelete