Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Ambition

Since I am currently serving in the young women's program I've been doing Personal Progress again. I have to admit its been kind of fun. I love being challenged to complete all the great value experiences and 10 hour projects! I started re-reading the Book of Mormon since it is the required value project for Virtue (the new young women's value.) I've almost finished all of the requirements for "Faith" and am moving on to "Divine Nature." As I was starting one of the value experiences it asked me what qualities or talents I want to develop. This got me thinking. So I'm going to make a list of some of my many ambitions for my life. Some will require a lot more work than others and some I'm sure I won't even get around to in this life. But here they are none the less.

I want to...

-Learn how to sew (We're talking blankets, drapes, clothes the works)
-Learn Spanish and Italian (we'll start here)
-Get into Photography
-Digital scrapbook
-Run a 1/2 marathon
-Make my own baby food (when the time comes-- this is not a sneaky announcement)
-Learn as much as I can about healthy eating and fitness
-Bake healthy foods that taste yummy!
-Gardening
-Canning
-Develop perfect pitch
-Play the piano well
-Interior Design
-Yoga
-Read the classics (like Mark Twain and Charles Dickens)
-Be more crafty
-Become good enough to play Tennis with Mike

There's a lot more too, I just can't think of it because I'm tired. So maybe I can learn how to do all this

...When I have time

Bring on graduation!!!

4 comments:

  1. I have some of the same ambitions as you. I want to get into photography, too. But that will probably require us buying a better camera (which could be a while). And I, too, want to learn how to garden and can.

    When do you graduate, again?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know... I am sewing some Roman Shades for a client. You're more than welcome to come and enjoy the process with me! :-) If you want, we could do some for you too. I'll teach you while I make the ones for my client, and then you can make yours with me there to answer questions. :-) They don't even have to be Romans, they could be any kind of draperies you would like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here are my thoughts!:

    -Learn how to sew...start easy. Buy stitchwhich. It is a ironon stitching material so you don't have to use a machine. You can get used to the other parts of sewing like measuring and details.

    -Learn Spanish and Italian...get the CD's and listen in your car!

    -Get into Photography...VERY EASY TO DO!

    -Digital scrapbook...sign up for Picnik.com it will be a great start.

    -Run a 1/2 marathon...walk one first then you will get the ich to start the training.

    -Make my own baby food (when the time comes-- this is not a sneaky announcement)...very easy to do with the new defroster/mixer/processors they have now.

    -Learn as much as I can about healthy eating and fitness...Body and Soul Magazine!!!

    -Bake healthy foods that taste yummy!...These two ladies have great blogs that might help. One is a great cook the other is too but uses food storage stuff! They are my sister-in-laws.
    http://freddyandlaurie.blogspot.com/
    http://cmrecipebox.blogspot.com/

    -Gardening...very easy!

    -Canning...will come when you start gardening

    -Develop perfect pitch...not sure about this :-)

    -Play the piano well...practice makes permenent

    -Interior Design...http://thedivaway.blogspot.com/

    -Yoga...plenty you can search on the internet!

    -Read the classics (like Mark Twain and Charles Dickens)...should be easy

    -Be more crafty...starting scrapbooks and sewing will start this for you!

    -Become good enough to play Tennis with Mike...can't help you here! :-)

    Hope I helped you see your goals aren't far away! Just time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are some great goals! You go girl.

    ReplyDelete