Saturday, September 11, 2010

My FIRST Best Friend!

So this is my First best friend EVER. I moved in next door to her what I was 4 years old. Door to door she was maybe 25 yards away from me. We were inseparable till I moved 9 years later. Let me tell you just thinking about that move away from her still brings tears to my eyes. I was so devastated. HOWEVER, we've been able to stay in touch (not as much as I would like, but good enough with facebook.) So when she told me she and her husband would be visiting NYC for a day I was thrilled to go spend some time with her.

This was also a big step for me because it was my first time taking the train in and using the subway on my own. I felt very grown up and only felt self aware a few times. I met Brittany and Donald at the 72 st west side entrance of Central Park.
(Britt and I)
(Britt and Don)
We waked all through the park. I think the great lawn is one of my favorite places in the park.
This was my first time going to the Beverly Castle but it was pretty cool.

What a pretty view of the NYC skyline.
We saw them taping an episode of Law and Order:SVU
I was sooo entranced
The two leads Christopher Meloni and Mariska Hargitay
...I went a little camera happy
We spent about 3 hours in the park and finally exited by F.A.O. Schwarz
I loved the Harry Potter section and even tried on a sorting hat to see what house I was in... Obviously my loyalty is to Gryffindor so thats where it put me... Obviously!
After that we walked down 5th Ave, through Rock Center down to Time Square. I love being with people in who have never been to the city before. They love TS... I just see it as dirty, load, crowded and bright. But they all still see it as magical, which is cute.
After TS it was time to say goodbye, which I was so sad about. But they needed to get one more place before catching their bus back to Philadelphia and I need to meet with my good friend Mary for dinner. So goodbye it was, but hopefully not for long - they hope to come back in the winter.
My dinner with Mary was a fabulous as time always is with her. So it was fantastic to catch up. She moved to the city 2 months ago and I've really missed our lunch dates so this was long overdue. We ate our dinner in the park and chatted till dusk. Then she was such a dear and walked me all the way to my subway stop and showed me what train to get on to get me to grand central. It was wonderful.
This is one of the subway cars painted like a house. I thought it was way to cute I had to get a picture. Anyways so that makes 2 days in the city in one week. Pretty fun stuff. I now feel a lot more confident in my ability to manage on my own in the Big Apple. So maybe my addiction to CSI: NYC hasn't ruined me yet.

KRISTIN= 2
NYC SUBWAY= 0

No comments:

Post a Comment