Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Answered Prayers

So lately I've found myself in this position (on my knees) more often than usual. I hate to admit that I am the most humble and prayerful when I am struggling or in need of blessings. I really hate that but think {maybe} a lot of people are like that too. I've been really stressed about a few things and it was effecting my sleeping, my attitude and normally cheerful mood.

1.) We've been looking for a new apartment since March. When our 60 days came in June to let our current complex know if we were moving or re-signing we still didn't have anything, so we re-signed. Then 2 or 3 weeks ago I saw this listing for a place I really liked. It met a lot of my criteria (C/A, 2 floors, 2 beds, 1 1/2 baths, W/D, Dishwasher and still in the downtown Stamford area. {here is the listing if you are interested in more pictures}) So we made a quick (and risky) decision to brake our current contract and move. The place we are currently living said we would have to pay rent till it was re-rented but assured us it wouldn't take to long and they would let us know when it had been re-rented. I was calm and confident until later that day I saw just how many of the same type of apartments we for rent! I was really worried. I'm not working and so we don't have my extra income (worry #2.) So I naturally jump to the worse case scenario... Us paying rent on two places for a few months!!! I mean we pay $1,625 a month... can you imagine paying that on top of a slightly higher rent for a few months? I would be fine one minute then be so stressed and uptight the next that I could feel the stress pounding through my body. It was awful. I prayed so hard that out apartment would be re-rented and that I needed to just have faith and trust in the Lord. I was doing all the things I could to live righteously so I was worthy to receive the blessings I needed... right? Or was this meant to be a financial trial that we needed to humble us? Today I couldn't take it anymore and went to talk to the complex about how the re-renting was going. They told me it had already been re-rented and they just hadn't told me yet!!!! I was so happy. I went home, called mike, then fell to my knees in the deepest gratitude I've ever had.

So here are a few (bad) pictures of the new place. I plan on painting and cleaning it up a bit. It'll look great when I'm done!

This is the outside, it is a condo complex.
The kitchen (I love the fridge!!)
The living room
the dining room (which is connected to the living room)

2) Unemployment. YUCK!! I know leaving my nanny job in pursuit of a more professional job was the right thing to do, but it's been hard not working. I feel so guilty staying at home all day with no children to care for. I feel guilty to be the one who is at the store buying food but not helping earn the money to pay for it. (These feelings will all change when I'm a mom and my job is to raise the kids) For now I feel pretty worthless (which I know is Satan trying to get me, but I still let him on accident sometimes.) I've applied for several jobs but with the economy the way it is and budget cuts in the schools its hard to find work in the public school systems let alone with out a teaching certification! I just feel really rejected a lot of the time. There is this AMAZING private school in the town Mike works in that I love. I heard about it from our former primary president. I have been in touch with the headmaster since March keeping updates on what the staffing situation is. He finally told me he had need for subs and had me in for an interview today. The interview went great. He was such a nice man and the school campus was beautiful. They have a wonderful curriculum and class sizes under 15 with 2 teachers in the room. It is incredible! He offered me the substitute job on the spot and it has the possibility to become a more permanent position as well. I will go back in 2 or 3 weeks for some training then dig in! I'm so excited. I know it isn't steady work but it is at the school I've been dying to get my foot into the door with. It will be a great chance to learn and work with the students at all grade and achievement levels.

So today I had another great tender mercy that the Lord does love us, listen to us and wants to bless us. He heard my prayers and he answered them. I am so grateful for the gospel and for the power of prayer!

5 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm so glad everything has worked out for you!! We've had so many experiences like that - where we feel like we have no idea what's going to happen but just have faith anyway and the Lord always takes care of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and that looks like a fun little condo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man I love this post... it gives me hope. Yay for you, girlie-friend!

    ReplyDelete