Tuesday, September 14, 2010

GROSS!! SICK!! DISGUSTING!!

WARNING:
If you get sick easily, don't read!

As you know we are in the process of moving. I've spent almost all day the past 3 days over cleaning and getting it ready. Yesterday I spent all day in the kitchen and I'm still not done! We started it on Saturday night and were going to work our way from the top down. So we started with the top of the cabinets. IT WAS SICK! I was to grossed out to document it but let me tell you they were COVERED in dark black, stick, sick curry filled, grease. It took us and hour 3 magic erasers and 2 sponges to clean it all up. I wish I could say that was the end of the grossness, but it was only the beginning. I spent 4 hours in the kitchen on Sunday and discovered the microwave was not a pretty sight. In total I probably spent 6 hours cleaning the microwave. It still wreaks of curry but I will do some work on the smell today. Here are some pictures of the sick stuff I found i the kitchen.

These are the screens for the microwave. Do you know if you can buy replacements for them?
The vent on the microwave. Notice all the little curry hairs...
Under the microwave...
The light is suppose to be white not orange...
This is what I cleaned it up to look like. A HUGE improvement.
Another under the microwave shot.
What that was SUPPOSE to look like.
Once I was done with the microwave I moved onto the stove... it was just a gross.
Pretty sick huh? I really almost vomited here.
Behind the stove. Notice all the crap in the cabinets too.

So thats it for now. I have to go back today and clean one more top cabinet then all the cabinets on the bottom. Then mop the floor and I'm done! I seriously can't wait for it all to be clean!

4 comments:

  1. Oh. My. Gosh. You know, I didn't think it could get worse... but it did. Also, let me just say, those cabinets literally gave me nightmares. All night long! Everything was covered in yuck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe 1. that someone lived in there like that and was ok with it and 2. that someone rented it out still looking like that! You are brave to want to do all that! I would never rent a place that was that filthy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah we got it for $100 less a month because we didn't make them do anything to it. I had NO IDEA that it was that gross or I'm not sure I would have taken it. Rest assure it is A LOT better now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay you're right. It was pretty bad! I'm a believer!

    ReplyDelete