Sunday, September 12, 2010

Fat Cat

So I need to preface this story. Ever since I got our second cat a year ago Epps has put on some weight. Her problem is she thinks that because she eats with another cat she is going to get less food. So he eats a TON of it. Poor Rosalie has seen this and in a desperate attempt to get even the smallest amount of food she scarfs it down as soon as I put it out. The bad thing about this is she eats it so quickly that minutes later she is throwing it up and I am back on my hands and knees cleaning it up (It is like baby spit up to mom's I think. Gross. But when you love them you put up with it.) So my friend suggested I try and feed them in separate rooms (which is a whole topic.) The point to this story is that lately I've been so busy cleaning the new place I haven't been home to feed them their second portion of food the past 2 days. So that have only had 1/4 cup of food.... I'm a terrible mother... This is why we don't have kiddos yet, I would forget to feed them :) On to the story...

I came home tonight and saw a funny colors orange stain on the carpet... "Oh no what have the cats done now." I think "Well its orange so it's not pooh or cat food throw up... weird." Then I come into the living room and I see this on the floor. A torn up, scratched up devoured cat treat bag. I slowly piece together the story.

Epps and Rosalie are now starving due to my inattentiveness to their needs. Mom leaves the house and a bag of treats on the counter. Cats being so hungary they push the bag off the counter and in to the dining area. They proceed to chew it all to pieces and eat every last treat in there to fill the void in there stomachs.... Now they have eaten to much and throw a little up, but don't worry... we will lick it up and just leave the mark on the carpet for mom to clean up.
Culprit # 1
Fat cat Epps is looking a little guilty...
Culprit # 2 Rosalie in her best "It wasn't me" pose... (notice the leg behind the head thing.)

Ok guys... help me out. Who do you think was the leader of this mischievous plot? The fat hungry Epps or the skinny starving Rosalie?

1 comment:

  1. I think Epps bullied Rosalie into it... :-) Made her do the dirty work out of sheer laziness. LOL!

    Now, when are you putting up pics of the new house? :-D

    ReplyDelete