Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The rest of the trip (Day 5,6 &7)


Wed Feb 17th, 2010

Today we arrived at the beautiful Cozumel Mexico! It was absolutely enchanting. The only negative part was the wind. It was so windy that it made the waves choppy and even a little dangerous. So all the water activities were canceled, so no snorkeling :(

It wasn't all that bad though, we still had a great time! We went to this "Adventure park" place that had a little ropes course. I'd never done anything like that before so I had a whole spectrum of emotion.

The first thing we tried was the rock wall. They had 3 different sizes. Of course Mike was eager to get a move on and climb the tallest tower. It was about 65 ft high. He made it look so easy the way he glided up the tower with ease.
Well I knew I had to at least attempt the same task or I would be teased and taunted the rest of the day. I'll tell you what, it looks so much easier. I had no idea how hard it would work my arms and abs. I was shaking about a quarter of the way up. I really didn't think I was going to be able to finish! However, I just kept telling myself I could go just a little further till I made it up. In the end, I DID IT!!! I was soo proud of myself! And the good news was Mike wasn't able to tease me :)
Then there was some cool rope stuff to climb on.
The zip line was sooo much fun. I want to try it in the jungle if I ever get a chance.
They also had repealing, which was kind of scary. To just lean backwards and fall off the edge of a huge drop.... scary!!!
We were climbing around for about 2 hours!! It was a great work out and a lot of fun.

The resort that housed the adventure park was actually pretty nice. They had a pool, restaurant and a great beach area.
Mike and I enjoyed some delicious drinks while we recovered from our adventure.

Isn't the scenery just lovely?
We ordered Fajitas and they were seriously delicious.

After lunch we walked along the beach I was a little obsessed with the water color and the cool waves the choppy water brought in.

After our walk we had a beautiful nap in the sun! It was so relaxing.

Then we took advantage of the scenery and took some pictures and played in the water some more.

Then we headed to the down town area. It was a lot of fun. Just like I imagined a little mexican market to be. I was able to talk them down on the prices of a few small things, which was fun! The company that we did the ropes course with told us that downtown was about 15 min from the pier were the ship was docked. So we decided we could walk it no problem. It took us an hour and a half to walk from downtown to the pier. When we got back they told us it was about a 3 1/2 mile walk. No wonder my feet had blisters on them!!!

After that long walk it was time for dinner!!! The rest of the night we laid low, hung out in our thermal heaven and watched a movie.
Thursday Feb 18th, 2010

Today we were at sea. It was pretty chilly outside so unfortunately laying by the pool wasn't an option. They had a ton of stuff going on inside the ship. We went to a cooking demonstration in the morning. It was actually really cool. The head chef was the one doing the demonstration and let me tell you it smelled good. I'm actually going to try the pesto linguini recipe this week for dinner.

After the demonstration they took us on a tour of the kitchen. On our way out we saw all these sculptures made of fruits and vegetables.

Look close to identify all the different fruits used.
After the tour we seriously spend the rest of the afternoon playing trivia games. We came pretty close to winning jeopardy (which I was proud of.) However, the SAME group won each time. We were a little bitter... Dinner that night was formal again. I loved getting all dressed up to go to a fancy dinner.
(This is the only kissing picture I got out of Mike so I had to post it!)
After dinner we went to another really great, clean comedy show by another comedian. It was fantastic and we left with our stomach sore from laughing.

That night they had a huge canopy filled with balloons above the grand piazza. At about 11:00 the live band started playing some really great music and a dance began! Mike was a little hesitant at first to get out on the dance floor. I somehow managed to persuade him otherwise though. It turns out he (and I) had a ton of fun together!!!


At 11:35pm they let the balloons drop! It was pretty cool.
There were so many balloons and so many people on the dance floor that everyone started popping the balloons. Mike of course took part as I stood hunched over with my fingers in my ears (I hate the sound of balloons popping.) It was such a good night.

Friday Feb 19th, 2010

Today we woke up to the beautiful Princess Cay Bahamas outside our window. Princess Cay is the private island of the cruise line. So that was pretty cool. Only the people from the cruise were there to share the beach with.

It was a beautiful day. They had a look out tower were you could over look the island. Since their were so many coco nut and palm trees around though we had a hard time seeing to far.
They had a great BBQ lunch on the beach. We laid out, ate to much, played in the ocean and took a nap in the sun.

It was a great day and we really enjoyed the relaxation of the beach. We both mentioned how almost every friday afternoon we think "I wish I was on a beach somewhere in the Bahamas." We realized for this week at least our dream had come true. We were sad to leave.
That night was our last on the ship and it was a little sad. I wasn't sure how I was going to take the real world that would hit me in the morning.
At dinner the waiters all did a dance around the dinning room and then presented each table with "Bakes Alaska." I had never heard of it before, but I guess it is a well known dessert. It is Neapolitan ice cream covered in a merang. It was pretty tasty.

Our final event of the trip was a combined comedy show with the two fantastic comedians we saw the previous nights. It was wonderful, as was expected!

The next morning we disembarked and took our flight to DC. We stayed the night in a Hotel in Philadelphia then headed home in the morning.

Its been hard to adjust to reality. I mean when I take a shower and through my dirty towel on the floor, it's still there when I come back in an hour. If I don't make my bed when I wake up, it stays unmade all day... and if I make it, no one turns down the sheets for me before I go to bed at night. I'm the one doing all the cooking and cleaning.... I just wish some things didn't have to change when you get home from vacation. :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow this looks like SOME cruise!! It looks like you had an awesome time! I'll have to admit, I'm jealous though. I've wanted to ride a dolphin since I was like 10. Oh well. Someday...

    I'm proud of you for climbing the rock wall. You're right, rock climbing is SOOOO hard! And it is hard to get back to reality after a nice vacation. Or after your mom comes and stays with you and does everything for a week after you've just had a baby. haha

    ReplyDelete