Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Day 3 (Grand Cayman Island) & Day 4 (Roaton Honduras)

(For the record I should be doing my homework right now. But after three hours of grocery shopping, putting the food away and cutting up the fruits and veggies, I'm tooo tired ton concentrate!)

Monday Feb 15th, 2010

Monday morning we both woke up excited for the adventures we knew were in store for us.

We met with our group and took a bus over to a cool little nature center. We walked through a rain forest area that had some beautiful birds. Then they loaded us on to another boat.
They took us out into the middle of the ocean. I couldn't get over the beautiful blue water and the white sand on the bottom. As a kid I never took a vacation to any place like this. I've been to beaches all over america but I've never scene anything this beautiful!
Then the captain stopped the boat in what seemed like the middle of nowhere. Then all of a sudden I see them dark shadows approaching. They are wild sting rays, well they live in the wild. I guess they are so use to people that they are a lot nicer than normal sting rays. They still have their stingers on and everything. Anyway, we were at a sand bar in the ocean where we could get out of the boat and the water came up to our waist. We unloaded and got to work befriending the slimy little things. I was so nervous about the whole thing.
Luckily they had handlers there to help you out. Nervously I got a little courage to give this little guy a kiss.
Mike loved it! He had no fear and jumped right into holding it (Look at the size of that tail.)
I went back for a second try and did so well I even let it crawl around on my back.
Like I said, Mike had a lot of fun. Soon after we got there they started feeding them bites of fish. Mike got to try several times. I loved watching the little kid in him be so giddy about it. He did have one of them suck on the fish hard enough to scrap off some of the skin on his knuckle. After I touched them I was ready to get back in the boat. Unfortunately, it was a little harder said than done. Since they were feeding them by the boat all the sting rays had gravitated to that area. They would just assume you had food and literally crawl up your back. It was so creepy. I finally jumped on the side of the ladder and frantically pulled myself up and out of the water. I couldn't take it anymore.
Once we were finished we went back to the nature center where we had the time of our life.
We had such an awesome experience playing with the Dolphins. The trainers were so great. They had Lucy (our dear dolphin) do several tricks for us. They taught us how to pet them, make them dance, kiss them, and even take a ride on her. It was just soo cool.
Mike loved the ride the best I think.
After that amazing experience it was about time to get some lunch. We went back to the ship to enjoy the scenic view of the island from our room.
After dinner that night we went to a great Comedy show. He used a lot of jokes that related to the relationship between husband and wife. Mike and I laughed so much. The comedian was really clean and fun in his skit which was so nice.
After the comedy show we headed out to the "Movie under the Stars" area. They had a huge movie screen above the pool and hot tub area. Then they had comfy chairs, blankets, popcorn and ice cream. The movie that night was "The Proposal." I laughed just as hard as I always do.

Tuesday Feb 16th

Today was probably our biggest let down :( We didn't set up an excursion before hand and we should have. In all of the other places they have people soliciting activities for lower prices then the cruise offers. We had scene parasailing the day before in Cayman and were really hoping they would have that there. What we didn't know is Princess works hard to keep the people who do that away from the tourists there. So we just walked around the port area of Roaton.

The little area we were in was beautiful (it may have be prettier with a clearer sky.)
We still managed to find some good photo ops...
... play in the ocean...
and play tic-tac-toe on the kids jungle gym.


We had fun exploring and making each other laugh. It ended up being a great day even without a planed excursion.

3 comments:

  1. Ok, I am SOOOO jealous right now! Especially about the dolphins. Sounds like you guys had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys really know how to party!! I love this day by day update, I am living thru your posts haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am soo obsessed with your vacation!!!!! Seriously... I NEED to kiss a dolphin ASAP!!! =]

    ReplyDelete