Saturday, February 6, 2010

Lisa's Baby Shower

So a lot of my good friends these days are pregnant or just have new babies. It makes me sad that I'm not able to see the babies of my old roommates (Abby, Jess, Becca, Riss) or be a part of their baby showers. So when I got the chance to throw a shower for one of my friends that lives in CT I jumped at the opportunity. A few weeks ago I helped throw shower for my adorable friend Megan who just had her darling little girl last night. But really I didn't do a whole bunch for that. So i took the reins on this one. Although I must say I had a lot of great help setting up and cleaning up!! Thank you so much ladies. All in all I think it was a success.
Lisa and I
We served a delicious lunch of cupcakes, spinach dip, pita chips, caesar salad, pizza stromboli and lemonade.
The little rattles on the table were the party favors- How cute!
If you have never read this book you are mission out! I had this on the counter for everyone to sign and give their best advise to the new mom and dad to be. I read this book for everyone and I will admit I couldn't make it to the end without crying. Luckily I was in good company since I wasn't the only one with teary eyes. My mom use to read this to us. She's such an amazing mom like the one in this book.
I know this looks clutter because you can see my cramped kitchen in the back. I loved the clothes line idea and had to use it in the shower. I also had the games set up on the bar. We played "Mystery Baby food," "Baby word scramble," "Don't say the word baby," (In which I promptly lost my baby binkie for saying baby), and "How big is mommy's belly"
The mom-to-be's thrown.
This is what you saw when you first walked in. A little overwhelming. However, the balloons hanging from the ceiling are for a game. They all have baby words in them, but one said "WINNER." The girls had to pop them and the one who got the "winner" won the door prize.
Colleen was one of my biggest helps. Cynda, lindsey, Aubrie and Lisa all helped with various things as well. I couldn't have done it without them!
Playing games and visiting
Wish I would have got a group picture!
Getting ready to open gifts!
The adorable cupcakes with the amazing topers that lindsey designed and cut out!

Lisa, Aubri and myself after the clean up was complete!

So I feel my first shower attempt was fun. I'm glad I won't be doing one for a while though. Now I just need to do all of my homework and prepare a lesson by tomorrow. Lets hope I can do it!! I'm glad I have a vacation to look forward to!

2 comments:

  1. wow! Ok so when I have a baby can I fly out there and have a baby shower thrown by you?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was so much fun...Thanks again. I want these pics. Can I say you are basically the best party planner I have ever seen!!!

    ReplyDelete