Monday, February 22, 2010

Cruise Days 1 and 2

Ohh man! I have to say it was soo good to get out of Ct and into the sun! The week before we left was sooo stressful. I had to not only pack and get Mike and I ready, but I had to get the girls I nanny packed and ready for their vacation as well. Then I had a school to get done. My teacher is frustrating. I had to complete that weeks assignments and my midterm paper. I got a e-mail monday morning that said I had two weeks to do this massive research paper. Since I was going away that really only meant I had 3 days to get it done before vacation. It was all just so stressful. Friday afternoon once ALL my homework was done, my house was clean and my bags were almost packed I did something I normally don't do. I treated myself to a mani and a pedi. It was just so nice to sit in a chair and have someone pamper me. This was to be the norm for the next week!

Feb 13th, 2010
On Saturday morning we woke up at 1:15am and started our journey down to the DC airport (it was a lot cheaper to fly out of there.) We boarded our plan and arrived in sunny Fl with no delays!!! We were then transported to the port were we loaded our home for the next week. The Crown Princess!

This was our room. We got a great deal on a room with a balcony that made life so much sweeter. We woke up with beautiful views of exotic places and feel asleep to the sound of the ocean.


Of course once we all were on board they had us do a safety demonstration. It was nice to recreate a picture from our honeymoon.
Once we got unpacked and settled we decided to explore the ship. I suggested we go straight to the spa. They took us on a tour and we discovered the Thermal suit. It was pure heaven on earth. Only 30 people could buy passes to this sanctuary. It had these amazing heated ceramic beds.

It also had a sauna, stem room, aroma therapy room, stem shower and rain forest shower. We spent a lot of time enjoying it. Mike would argue it may have been the best purchase of our trip.

The sail off party on deck was a lot of fun. Great music and a fun atmosphere. I even won a free pedicure!! We were so happy. Mike made the comment that this was the moment we would be wishing we were still in , a week from then (and we did.)

Dinner that night was a treat. The food was just soo good! They even had a valentines day theme to the meals. Mikes dessert was cupids something or other. It tasted so good.


Sunday Feb 14th, 2010 (Valentines Day)

I woke up to these balloons on the door to our stateroom. Mike told them that valentines day was our anniversary (he didn't have to be specific as to the anniversary of what. It was actually the anniversary of our first kiss!!) So it was sweet to have that little surprise!

Mike knows I love being pampered so he set up a valentines day spa treatment for me. It was a seaweed wrap massage. It was soo amazing! I laid down on the bed and then they covered me with seaweed and then wrapped my up like a burrito! While I waited the 25 minutes for it to work its magic (detox my body) I received a scalp and foot massage. When I was all done I took a shower to get all the green stuff off then hopped back into the bed for a back massage. It was just the perfect beginning to a great valentines day!

Since this cruise took place over Valentines day Princess did a great job at making it feel extra romantic. They had several guest speakers who are "Romance/marriage experts" do workshops or lectures. They called it a romance summit. Mike was a good sport and went to a few of them with me. So of course I tried to be a good sport when he wanted to try his hand at black jack. Now please don't judge my amazing husband for this little flaw. He loves numbers and the stock markets so he of course wanted to try this.
Unfortunately, he was really good at it. He won $130 the first time he ever played. It's hard to tell him it's bad when he is so dang good at it!! So this was my valentines gift to him. To let him play with out reminding him how wrong it was. lol. (No need to worry, he has promised to not make this a habit, well not for money, maybe for fun though.)

As I mentioned they had some romance experts! Ryan and Trista Sutter just happened to be one of them! They are the only couple to stay together from the Bachelorette. They were soo sweet and so in love and just so awesome! I was sooo happy to be able to see them around the ship and on the islands.


Dinner was of course formal this night. Mike looked so dashing I had to take a picture.

When we got to our dinner table there was a little flower at my spot with a sweet little note from mike. He knows how much I love flowers and it was so thoughtful of him to keep that in mind even on our cruise!

The ship was all decked out in decorations! I don't think I've ever been in a more romantic atmosphere for Valentines day. It was perfect!


1 comment: