Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Dancing the Night Away & Twilight

Mike & I were recently called to the youth program of the church. I am an advisor in the Young Women's and Mike as the first Councilor in the Young Mens presidency. We are both very excited to work with the youth of the church. My youth leaders played a profound effect in shaping me into the women I am today. I'm excited to not only set an example to these beautiful daughters of God but to come to know and love them. As newly called leaders we preformed our first labor of love a few weeks ago when we volunteered to chaperone a wonderful youth event. It was a dinner/Dance in New Canaan. I wasn't planning on staying the whole evening but it evolved into that. Lucky as the music started to play I was quickly taken back to the memories of my not so distant youth and could feel the rhythm in my "soul." LOL. Actually many will acknowledge that I have no rhythm or coordination but I love to dance anyways. So with a few good dancing partners in hand (My husband and the Broadbents) I sent off to the Dance floor-- not know I would end up being there literally ALL night (well from 7:30-10 at least ;-)

My 'wild' side.

My dancing partner. (Side note: Corinne is really an amazing dancer [by profession I might add] and I looked pretty funny next to her obvious talent and skill. It was still fun though!)

The following friday I was lucky enough to be graced by the presence of some of my greatest east coast girlfriends. Some may call us Twihards for agreeing to see the Premiere of "New Moon" at the same time as a hundred screaming teen girls. However, we (and by 'we' I mean 'I') found it very rewarding the moment Taylor Lautner took off his shirt. LOL. Anyways it was a great time and the movie defiantly delivered compared to its less then perfect counterpart (I though I will admit I have watched Twilight more than 30 times... don't believe me.. I dare you to take me on in the twilight bored game!! ;)
Colleen, Lindsey, Cynda and I

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE Cynda's face in the last picture...so mischevious!!!

    ReplyDelete