Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Thankful for a wonderful Thanksgiving with friends that are basically family!

I know that was the longest title ever... I may have gotten carried away.

This year I hosted my first Thanksgiving and along with that came many other firsts. It was a complete blast though. I loved trying to put together a nice table setting on a dime and found a lot of great deals on some classic pieces I can have in my home for years to come. I must admit I got really into the table. It was my pride and joy and the focal point of the whole event.

Table for 10
A single place setting.
Oh and this was my turkey. I thought it turned out pretty!
Cyn whipping up a delicious yam dish.
Megan helping our little indian squaw around.
How many cooks in the kitchen.
Part of the feast of the year.
Relaxing into the night.
The pretty pies I made (Caramel apple, Cherry and peach.)
Is she not the cutest thing you've ever seen? And she poses so well for the camera!! I LOVE her!

And by the end of the whole thing I felt like this!


HOWEVER: Don't be fooled by this picture. I indeed got no sleep (ok 20 min tops) thanksgiving night. I camped out at Best Buy with my friends lindsey and as she would say "Norwalk's finest..." We were both hoping for a rocking HP desktop. We were the last people in line to obtain such a treasure. However we got one... and there were two of us. How do you split a desktop? "You take the modem, I'll take the screen and keyboard?" No kind of counter productive. We decided to handle it the diplomatic way... Flip a coin. I was on the loosing end of the coin toss and walked away with a life time memory. However the lose did have a small effect on my psyche. If you think I lashed out irrationally and began to pull Lindsey's hair your far from it. I in fact proceeded to stay up and shop at every store I could until 12:30pm when I crashed. Next year it would be to my wallets benefit if I just got the item I want in the morning and go home to bed. lol.

1 comment:

  1. Three cheers for your first Thanksgiving...it was DELISH!!! Additional cheers for our political correctness with the little squaw!

    I have some pretty pictures of your table. In the process of setting up the new computer, but as soon as I edit them I will send them your way!

    ReplyDelete