Thursday, March 19, 2009

Head Lice and Kitty Cats

Things I don't like-

Head lice. So... this week has been quite a long one, and I am jumping up and down with the prospect of the weekend coming tomorrow. The girls I nanny for got lice this week... Let me be clear about one thing, I don't like any type of bug. As a child I was some what of a tom-boy and could handle anything. However, as I've gotten older and more "girly" I really, really hate them and I don't want to have anything to do with them. So for these girls to have live bugs in their hair, and knowing that I could even have them in my hair. NO GOOD. I had dreams all night about bugs crawling in my hair.. soo gross. So I went to work on wed with hair high and tight with a bunch of preventive spray on it. Later that day after doing 4 loads of laundry I'd already done one that week, I was able to sneak away. My wonderful friend Aubri who is a cosmetologist came over and combed through my hair to see if I had them... I didn't THANK GOODNESS! So right away we went to a store to get a tone of Paul Mitchell stuff for my hair. We got the Tea Tree shampoo and conditioner, since it is suppose to repel lice? Anyways she went the second mile and did a bunch of stuff to my hair to make it healthier. Here are a few pictures.

This is the cats "I'm so ticked mom is on my counter" look. She's so angry.
Double chin in all, looking pretty in he sink.
Loving the kitty, while letting the conditioner do its thing.
All the hair supplies.

So I went to work today with my hair in a bun, with a hat on it, plus a MASSIVE amount of repelling spray. But thats about all I have to say about head lice. And again a big thanks to Aubri!

Things I do Like:

My kitty cat. So normal people have children and post cut pictures of them. We have a cat, and I really think she's so fun. She's getting older and her personality is become more and more apparent. She is always up for a game of fetch or a walk outside. She's just so much fun, and until we have children shes perfect for our family!


Looking at the camera!
Curled in a ball, I think its precious!
Playing in the streamers after I took them down.
More streamer fun!
The kitty on our picnic at the playground.

5 comments:

  1. Oooo head lice is no good. We were trained (sort of) to be able to check the children for lice at the preschool. Thank goodness we never had to. Oh and you really make me wish I had a cat. Luckily Michael likes cats, so we'll get one some day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kris! YAY! I am so glad you found me! I had no idea you guys were living so far away from the world! COnnecticut that is awesome!! looks like you are having soo much fun. NOw we can stay connected forever!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have I seriously not commented yet? Wow... I'm really out of it.

    Thanks for your offer of help. I might actually take you up on it. I'm kinda floundering over here...

    You're ever so welcome about the whole hair thing. When you suspect lice, there's really no cosmetologist who will touch you in a salon... too much liability. I love you though, and you're pretty much family. So I don't mind! I'm glad you were louse-free every time we checked! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. From what place are you?? coz my daughter had a problem of lice and id like to know whats the best way to get rid of them....

    ReplyDelete