Sunday, July 28, 2013

From Pea to Pumkin






I bought a pregnancy journal called "From Pea to Pumpkin." It has a few questions about your pregnancy for each week. I wanted a way to record a little about my pregnancy in a quick and easy way and this is it. I want to retype my remarks onto my blog so I can easily transfer them to my baby book.

Week 6: May 24th-May 30th.
Baby is the size of a pea (.25 inches.)

-Right now, Being pregnant seems totally like winning the lottery.
-The thought of eating a salad makes me a little sick.
-My partner (Mike) couldn't be more sweet. He has been so good to help with tings at home and make me comfortable when I'm feeling sick.
-I want carbs/comfort foods more than I ever have.
-Baby, as we begin this thing, I need you to know that we are so in love with you already. You are in my constant thoughts. All I can think about each day is how fast you are growing and what a miracle you are. I can't wait to have you as a member of our Eternal Family.

Week 7: May 3rd- June 6th
Baby is the size of a blueberry (.51 inches.)

- At this point, sleep is constantly beckoning.
- I wish I had more energy right now. Oh, and I wish school and my class were finished as well.
- The one thing that keeps running through my head is... "Is it time for bed yet?"
- I cannot wait to tell Cynda Johnson about this baby.
- Baby, this week I want you to know how much I believe in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. The principal of eternal families is on of great truth and significance. You will be a part of our lives for all eternity. I am so excited to share the rest of my earthy journey and beyond with you!


Week 8: June 7th-June 13th
Baby is the size of a Kidney Bean (.63 inches)

- My boobs are slowly getting slightly larger.
- What I can't wait for is my next ultrasound. And to find out the gender.
- There is a person growing inside of me. This is a miracle when you look at the whole process.
- The thing I already miss most about my pre-pregnancy body is being able to suck in my gut and my near flawless skin.
- Baby, one day, when you're old enough to read this, even though is might seem silly, I want you to know I was scared of not being as good of a mother as I want to be. I know this will be the hardest job I ever have and it doesn't come with training. I just hope you know I'll always do my very best. Forgive me for my mistakes and know how much you are loved (even from the moment I knew you were coming.)


Week 9: June 14th-June 20th
Baby is the size of a grape (.9 inches)

- My moods of late resemble... truthfully, I'm kind of a peach.
- Nausea is so a thing of last week. The one thing I'm really fortunate for with that whole thing is that it was very mild and only lasted 2.5 weeks.
- When I'm away from home, I want to be home. And, when I get home, the first thing I do is change into PJ's and of course my fuzzy socks. Then I watch TV.
- My belly right now looks like I just ate a large meal.
- Baby, this week, one thing that's happening in the world right now that I think you should know about is people are rioting in Brazil, fighting in Afghanistan and protesting in Africa. The world is and always will be full of sad things (until the millennium.)
- And this is how I feel about it: Know that we live in the last days and things may not get better. We need to be strong so we can endure righteously to the end.


Week 10: June 21st- June 27th
Baby is the size of a cherry (1.2 inches)

- Maternity clothes remind me that elastic waistbands are a pretty great idea
- I feel pretty good aside from the lingering jet lag.
- The thing that helps most is being on vacation
- And maybe not having time to think about being to tired or sick.
- I never thought being pregnant would be this easy.
- I'm becoming a mother in 30 weeks. This brings to mind visions of cuddling a tiny baby and kissing all your little fingers, toes and chubby cheeks.
-Baby, we plan on being the kind of parents who you know love you unconditionally. We want to be fun parents while maintaining routine and respect. You may not always like us and think we are unfair, but we hope you always know we are doing our best and that we love you.


Week 11: June 28th- July 4th
Baby is the size of a Brussels sprout (1.6 inches.)

- Lately, what's making me uncomfortable is the heat and humidity in Italy.
- I cry very little still. And I get emotional about nothing, its vacation!
- Weight gain seems inevitable with all the pasta and gelato I'm eating.
- The sweetest compliments I've gotten lately was the guy who sat next to me on the airplane told me I looked like Marsha Brady.
- One way I've probably already messed this baby up is by over dosing on sugar and by taking my prenatal vitamins on and off during vacation.
Baby, if you are a boy, I hope you will always treat women with respect and be a strong leader and example to your friends and family.

Week 12: July 5th- July 11th
Baby is the size of a strawberry (.49 ounces.)

-My attempt to eat well is going not so good I have eaten very few veggies since coming on vacation. At the same time, it's vacation, so who cares?
- My tiredness on a scale of 1-10 is a 5. But at night, it's more like a 10 around 8pm.
- I keep dreaming the baby is a boy.
- So far, my favorite thing about this pregnancy is that it has been so easy.
- Baby, if you are a girl, I hope you always see yourself the way your H.F. sees you and not the way the world will try to make you see yourself.

*A Pumpkin in Progress*
A few stories about pregnancy

-When I was in my few weeks of nausea I didn't really want any veggies. When I finally had a craving for a salad it was more the salad dressing that I wanted and the veggies were a bonus. I really wanted the homemade raspberry vinaigrette from Heights Pizza in Dairen. Since I couldn't buy it at the store I went in and bought a salad and a whole pint of their dressing. When I got home I scarfed it down and put the rest in the fridge. Later when I got in the fridge to get a drink I knocked the dressing over and it split all over the floor. I was so sad that # 1 my dressing was all gone and I would have to wait till Monday to have more (since it was Saturday night.) AND, that is was a beast to clean up since it was all oil and vinegar. It took about 20 min to get it completely cleaned up. Lame.

- This week we had our 3rd and 4th ultrasound. The first one was on Wed. July 10th at 2:30pm because it was in the afternoon the baby was moving around a ton. When we went to the hospital for that one it was at 9am so the baby was still sleepy and I had to move and squirm all around to wake you up. I think dad was a little sad you weren't as active today.

- Mike has been so good to me. One weekend when I wasn't feeling well I asked if he could make us lunch on Sunday. He went to the store and got all the things he needed for his meal. On Sunday he came right home and starting making lunch. When I came in the kitchen to help he sent me back to the couch and told me just to relax and that it would be ready soon. Then one night when my nose was so stuffy I couldn't breath he made a late night run to the store to get me nasal strips to open my sinuses so I could sleep. So sweet. 

Week 13: July 12th-July 18th
Baby is the size of a kiwi (.81 ounces.)
- I really miss my flat(ish) tummy.
- The most challenging pregnancy symptom for me is all the comfort foods I want.
- The only thing I'm glad hasn't happened is that I haven't bloated in my face or thrown up.
- I'm spending most of my extra cash these days on paying for our Europe trip.
- The one thing my parents and I want to do differently as parents is nothing. We have great parents!
- Baby, this week I want you to know about what kind of kid I was. The truth is, I was really a good kid and also the kind of person who wanted to do good continually. I may have made mistakes, who doesn't, but I always knew the church was true and tried to live my life accordingly.

Week 14: July 19th-July 25th
Baby is the size of a lime (1.5 ounces.)

-I am showing a little, but I still look like I ate to much.
- My feeling about finding out the sex of the baby is I can't wait!! Please tell me now!
- My partner feels like you will be a boy. I think you will be a boy as well.
- The best thing about being in the second trimester is that now I don't have to keep it a secret. And that I'll start showing soon.
- As for morning sickness, it's still not bothering me.
-When I imagine this baby, I'm seeing blue eyes and blond hair. And a disposition like his/her dad.
- Baby, you should know this about your grandparents: They are so excited for you to join their families. Especially the McKnight family who will be welcoming you as their first grandchild.











No comments:

Post a Comment