Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Jared and Maryle Visit

On the Monday after our busy saturday (cfa/fundraiser) Mike's brother Jared and his wife Maryle came to visit. They came late on Monday night and stayed till Friday.

Tuesday we spent most of the day getting ready for there next few days in the city. I did take them to the mall where we looked for some Yankee attire for the game that night. We ended up going to Modell sports for our shirts. Mike came and picked us up after work and we headed to Yankee Stadium.
It was a beautiful night for a baseball game. We all wore our new Yankee shirts and felt like real fans. The Yankee's played the Red Socks and ended up loose but it was still fun (especially since we were all closet Red Sock fans.) I have to admit I paid minimal attention to the game. I was content watching people and playing on Mike's phone. It was fun to be there but watching every second of a baseball game just isn't as exciting for me. College football, that another story.




One of the highlights of the evening was the chocolate shakes from the Johnny Rocket Stand at the Stadium. Mike got one last year and has been dreaming of it since. I'm the type of person who likes to sample lost of sweets but not have a whole milkshake or anything like that to myself. I asked if we could share one and I would only have about a 1/4 of it. Mike decided that would not due. He wanted one to himself plus some of mine. So we got two. Mistake. The milkshakes were delicious, but to rich for any of us to finish. From now on Mike and I will think a little more carefully when we order our food.



It was a fun night. Just spending time with family we don't see all that often is wonderful.

Jared and Maryle spent Wed in NYC and had a blast. They did however pass along some unhappy news. Our favorite Mexican place in the city (Mama Mexico) had shut down. We don't know if we'll ever find a place we like more :(

Thursday I took the train into the city with them. We went down town to see my brother Andrew and his choir group preform. Which deserves it's own entry. :)

1 comment:

  1. Fun!! We've been to a Red Sox game! But I've always wanted to go to a Yankees game too :) haha so I'm obviously not a true fan of either but it looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete