Monday, June 27, 2011

The In-Laws

Mikes parents got into CT on Monday May 9th. We wanted to take them out to dinner somewhere nice, but we just ended up going to Lucky's, go figure. It was fun to spend time with them since we hadn't seen them in about 10 months. We caught up and ate way more fries and onion rings than we should have.
The next day we went to the city. It was a BEAUTIFUL day. We started our afternoon by going to a taping of "The Late Show with David Letterman." I'm not the biggest fan of late night shows (probably because I never stay up late enough to watch them) but it was fun. It was cool to see how all of it was done and to see the guest. I didn't know any of them well but I had seen Mark Harmon on NCIS before.
After the show we walked to Rosa Mexicano. We had heard a lot of really great things about it. It was mexican so we loved it but it didn't blow me away. I was slightly disappointed. I think my standards when it comes to mexican food are pretty high. Or maybe I just like cheap American mexican like taco bell and Cafe Rio. Who knows. If you like mexican than you will probably enjoy it.
To end a great day in the city we went to see "How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying." Daniel Radcliffe (AKA: Harry Potter) was one of the leads in the show. And yes, Aubri, he was AMAZING!!! I was really nervous that as a huge Potter fan I would only be able to see him as Harry. But that all changed the minute he starting talking in a NYC accent, sang and danced. It was incredible. I can't say enough good things about the show. GO SEE IT!! Do anything and everything it takes to see it. You won't regret it. Unless Dan comes down with the flu that night and they have an understudy play his part. That would be sad.
Sterling and Joleen
Mike and I after the show.

Mike and I had to go back to work on Wed and mom and dad left for a NAC meeting in Boston on Wed afternoon. So that we the end of that short but memorable visit with them. I will say that day i the city was fun but my allergies were off the wall. I was miserable. I ended up being sick for a few days afterward. This year should go down in the books as WORST ALLERGY SEASON EVER!!

Thats all :)

1 comment:

  1. It's the worst allergy season for me too. My eyes are so itchy and red I haven't worn my contacts for weeks! And my nose itches too. Sometimes I just want to rip it off! Hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete