Tuesday, April 19, 2011

HIT BY A CAR!!

I GOT HIT BY A CAR TODAY!!!

As in my body was hit by a car, not my car was hit by another car. Obviously it was nothing serious as I am sitting at home in my cozy sweats and fuzzy socks no bandages to speak of. However, The right side of my body does hurt a little still.

Heres how it all played out. It was a cold rainy tuesday afternoon in April. I had convinced myself to go to Stop and Shop to get a roast for tomorrow night. While shopping I called my mom and continued on my way. When I got outside it was still drizzling so I was in a hurry to get to my car. I got to the parking lot but it was a little congested and I had to wait (in the rain) before making a break for my car. Finally two cars were stopped and there was about 2 feet between them. I starting walking between them looking both ways to make sure I could cross into the next line of traffic in safety. Thats when it happen! The car on my right side started backing up! WHAT THE HECK! I was right there not to mention there was another car really close and no open parking spots to speak of so who knows what she was doing but she backed up into my elbow and hip. Thankfully the car on my left side started honking so she stopped. I was kind of in shock. Obviously it wasn't a big deal and I was fine but still I was in some pain and all I could think about was being pinned in between two cars! The girl rolled down her window and apologized. I think I was in her blind spot, so I just said "Ok." Usually I say "no problem", or "it's Ok" but it was NOT OK that she hit me. lol. The guy behind me who honked rolled down his window to make sure I was ok. Which I was. I went on my way laughing that "I just got hit by a car." I'm glad it was a minor incident but that is the last time I walk into parking lot of stop and shop if there are cars anywhere near me.

I bet that wouldn't have happened at Fairway... I need to start shopping there. But its so hard when Stop and Shop is 4 blocks away and in the "right" direction of my one way street. Maybe this was a sign. I will try to do my weekend shopping at fairway.

6 comments:

  1. Oh my heavens!! Glad you didn't get hid HARD by a car! How funny/sad. Glad you're okay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOLY COW!! I'm so glad you're okay. That would be so scary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're ok. That would be terrifying if you did get pinned by both cars.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh I would have reported it in case you end up really do having damage done. Stupid people. Glad you are ok!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's crazy!! I'm so glad you're ok. It will definitely be a story to tell! I hate drivers out here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jeez, louise! That's a crazy story...I'm glad you're ok and that you didn't get pinned. Seriously, what was that girl doing? Watch your back, girl;-)

    ReplyDelete