Friday, April 29, 2011

Easter Baskets and Bunny Hunts

Easter is one of my favorite holidays. Maybe because it comes in the spring time when my least favorite season (winter) is ending. The sun is finally peaking out, the trees are budding and flowers blooming. I love the turning in my black and brown clothes for light pinks and blues. But I especially love the personal time of reflection on the gift of the Savior. I love that Easter is more of a personal time of worship. The gift of the atonement and the resurrection are more personal events and it is nice to reflect on them privately. At least that is how easter is for me.

Our easter was great this year! The fact that the weather was nice most of the weekend really added to it. Saturday night our friends the Johnson's came over for an easter basket hunt (bunny hunt.) They put together a really fun basket for us. It had artisan bread and cheese, a sparkling cider, cookie and a pineapple (I like to think it was a play on our favorite show Psych) and a toy.

Cynda and Ben really enjoyed there basket. Ben even took his angry bird to dinner with us that night. It was a lot of fun to watch them go through their basket and laugh at all the little kid things that we put in there. It was like we were all little kids again (especially Ben.)
Sunday morning we went to church before any easter festivities took place at home (ie: easter baskets.) I took this basket full of my awesome easter cookies to church with me for the YW and the girls I visit teach.
When we got home the hunt began. It took Mike quite a while to find his basket in one of the kitchen cabinets.
He loved all of his toys and was anxious to try a few out (like the mini basketball hoop.)
I found mine pretty quick and was thrilled to see my easter treasure!
My favorite was my Tangled DVD and my Pandora charm. Mike did a good job on picking the charm out as well. It is a "cinderella slipper." Mike used a glass slipper to propose to me a little over 3 years ago. I thought it was sweet and had meaning behind it vs just another "cute" charm. He's a sweetie!
After we exchanged baskets we went right to work on preparing for Easter dinner. We had a few close friends come over for an early lunch. It was a delicious meal with great company. This means I hosted Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter this year. I have to admit that I am GREATLY looking forward to spending Thanksgiving and Christmas elsewhere this year.

It was a great day spent with a few great people. I can't imagine a better Easter Sunday.

3 comments:

  1. Cute!! I love Easter too :) And I still have yet to see Tangled, but I'm sure I'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Psych is the best! yay for find the pineapple challenge!

    ReplyDelete