Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Day 4 Grenada

We were only on the island of Grenada from 7-1:30pm so we didn't have a lot of time to explore. We met the Naylor's for Breakfast in the morning then heading For the island. Although we did not awake to the sounds of the steal drum (like in Dominica) the scenery was just as beautiful. We took a water taxi to a beach not to far from the ship. The weather was warm but a little overcast on and off. Which actually was nice to get a little protection from the hot sun. They had chair on the beach but you had to pay the people there to use them. So we sprawled out on the sand.
It was so much fun to have friends there it hang out with. We laughed at the cute naked European baby and the man that serenaded us with his guitar. We took picture for each other and had fun in the warm beautiful water.
After a few hours on the beach it was almost time to go so we took our water taxi back to the dock. As we were already halfway through our trip it was time to get serious about finding a souvenir or two. So we did a little shopping. Grenada is known as the island of spices so they had some great stuff. I was worried about having room to take stuff home in my suitcase so we only got a small bottle of this deliciously pure vanilla. It is wonderful and I will be sad when it is gone. I wish I would have gotten white vanilla and almond extract as well... Next time :)
Since we had to be back on the ship by 1:30 we still had a lot of time before dinner. We had a small lunch then headed right for the thermal spa. Ryan and Brooke happened to be in there so Brooke and I spent an hour in the sauna visiting. I love my husband but it was so nice to have a girl (who I love) to spend time with. After the sauna got to hot I went and laid on the hot stone bed. I ending up falling asleep. Seriously it is so relaxing. Imagine laying on a hot stone bed in a comfy rob, in a dimly lit room as the ship rocks you back and forth.... Heaven right? After I woke up Mike and I went to the pool for a little snack and watched a little of the movie that was playing. The sun was pretty hot and we could feel our sunscreen wearing off so we headed back to the room. Mike took a nap while I got ready for dinner.
Dinner of course was amazing! I had the best pesto linguini. Words can't describe how strongly I feel about that. After we ate way to much for dinner (and dessert) we walked around the ship looking for something to do. For Mike and Ryan it was easy to decide. They went to the tables for 45 min while Brooke and I went to a lounge to visit. After there time was up we went to explore the ship a little more. Mike and Ryan were pretty disappointed when they weren't allowed in the teen center where they had rockband and other fun video games. Brooke and I were in the mood to dance so we found a band that was playing and hit the floor. Mike told me he doesn't like dancing with me because I don't follow the beat (he is right, I've never been good about dancing t the beat of music. lol) But it was fun to laugh at each other and have some fun. Ultimately we wanted "cooler" music so we went to the top deck for the "Deck Party." We pretty much started the dance floor and got things going. But it was hot and sticky on the deck... so we went to Skywalkers the adult night club. There we found... no one and Motown music. Strick 3! None the less we did do a little dancing and took some funny pictures. My favorite is the one of Ryan with his arms folded looking into the distance. CLASSIC. So finally at 11:o0 we decided it wasn't meant to be and called it a night. What a fun day!

No comments:

Post a Comment