Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Day 5- Bonaire

We woke up early (7:30) for our couples massage. We zombie walked in our PJ's up to the spa and they could tell we were still tired. It was pretty amazing though. The room was of course beautiful and the aroma therapy oils put me into a relaxation comma. It was a full body message and it really helped my lower back. I'm not sure how 60 minutes went by so fast. The last thing they messaged was my hand and then apparently they gave it to mike. We didn't even realize we were holding hands until they rang the bell and we snapped out of our comma. It was fantastic!

After the massage we went and grabbed breakfast and ate it on our balcony. Then... we went back to bed. Well Mike did. Charlie St. Cloud was playing and I had wanted to see it so I laid in bed watching it. It was so nice to just lay in bed all morning in my favorite PJ's with nothing to do but wait to pull into a beautiful island.

WOW!! That was my first impression of Bonaire. I had never even heard of it before we booked the cruise so my expectations were pretty low. So when we pulled up and I and saw the color of the water all around me my jaw dropped. I couldn't wait to just jump into it!
For our excursion that day we planned some snorkeling. We rode a pirates ship out to a place called "Kline Bonaire" (Which I knew meant little Bonaire since I speak minimal German.) I really wish I could explain how lovely the water was in person. I was in total aww at this beautiful place. If only all beaches looked like this. We got right in the water (which was again so warm.)

The reef the grows along the beaches of Kline Bonaire is rated in the top 10 of the world and I can see why. It was so beautiful and by far one of my favorite things I have ever done. We sad all kinds of fish in all sorts of beautiful bright colors. I have been snorkeling before but never have I seen anything even close to being this cool. Even the reef was different cools. My favorite fish was the black with neon blue spots or the rainbow colored fish. Mike an I were like little kids pointing to all the cool things we saw so the other wouldn't miss out. At one point I noticed that I was swimming through a school of baby fish. Like 1,000's of them. They were close to the surface of the water and looked like air bubbles. But since I grew up with my dads fish tanks and his fish having baby fish I knew what they looked like and spotted them easily. It was so cool.
The last 10 minutes on the beach Mike stayed in the water snorkeling but I wanted to take in the scenery. I sat in the sand and let the water rush over me and just though of the song "For the Beauty of the Earth." It was one of the most beautiful places I had ever been and it took my breath away. I am so glad our Father in Heaven gave us such a beautiful world to live in. I was so sad to get back on the pirate ship to leave. On the way back they gave us Rum punch, minus the rum (Orange and pineapple juice) and fresh fruit. The pineapple they gave us was the best I have ever had and I ate as much as they would let me. It was also pretty cool to be ridding a fun pirate looking ship.

Once we got back to the island Mike and I went to see what the shopping was like. It was getting hot and Mike said he felt like he was getting burned. I told him to put a towel over his shoulder and I would carry his backpack. We walked around town and saw a lot of cool things. We finally decided on some bath salts. We have been really into bath lately so this felt appropriate. I also passed up a necklace I really wish I would have gotten it now :(

When we got back to the ship my arms felt tender. When I looked down I saw my left arm was fried.... minus a strip down the middle of my arm. It was from where I sprayed my sunscreen, apparently I didn't know it needed to be rubbed in. At least I had a good bae tan or that could have ended really bad.

Thursday was also the official start of march madness. So After dinner we went back to the room to watch some of the games. We also went to the country western night. There was one guy that worked on the trip that we called Buddy. We got a good laugh out of him. He was the host of the country western night so we really enjoyed it. I did my best Karaoke version of "Any Man of Mine" by Shania Twain. Not so much... I forgot half of it is spoken and not really words but "uhh yeah." Oh man it went from good, ok, bad, ugly. I think I was seriously scared. We got out of dodge real quick after that. But by then it was 10:30 and I was bread for bed. The sun really takes it out of you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment