Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Day 6- Aruba

"Aruba, Jamaica, owww I wan to take you..."

Seriously I didn't think it would get much better than Bonaire, but then we went to Aruba. HOLY COW. Talk about another beautiful beach. We got of the ship and took a taxi to Palm Beach. Mike and I have been going on cruises because we feel like there isn't any one place we could spend a whole week. Well now we know. I was freaking out about how much I loved this place. The beach was beautiful and there was so much to do. You could go parasailing, wave running, deep sea fishing, tubbing, basically any water sport you want! We couldn't decide what we actually wanted to do.
We laid on the beach debating what to do until it was lunch time. We went to this place called Gilligan's. It was on the beach on the Radisson resort property. The food was great and we got to relax in the shade.
After lunch we walked around on the resort property. I would love to stay there for a week but I think its a little out of our price range for now. The landscaping was beautiful and there were tons of neon blue lizards.
After our little walk we went back to the beach and swam in the ocean for a good hour or so. This is a big deal for me. I never just swim in the ocean. I am terrified of sharks and other animals. But since the water was so clear I could see that there was nothing in the water with me. It was a lot of fun. I don't know if I will ever be able to vacation at Myrtle beach again after going here. It ruined me! We were going to go parasailing but decided we didn't want to leave the beach. As the sun got stronger we headed for over under a cabana. It was really nice to lay in the shade looking out at the ocean with the cool breeze... for about 10 min. Then we were kicked off by hotel workers. Apparently you have to pay. LAME. As it was it was time to head back to the ship. 5 hours never went by faster. I was so sad to leave the beach but am confident I will be back soon.
After getting the last of our souvenirs at the island gift shops we headed back on the ship. We went to the thermal suit for a little while and then it was time to get ready for dinner on our last formal dress night. It was a lovely dinner as every night was but at this point we were a little tired of food, but ate it because it was infront of us.
I wish I could say I did something amazing that night. It has all the promise of fun and excitement.... but I was lame. We were going to watch an early "movie under the stars" but I knew I was going to fall asleep. So I went to bed, at 8:30 on vacation. I felt so lame but HEY I needed my beauty sleep! That night I dreamt I lived on the beach in Aruba!

No comments:

Post a Comment