Sunday, January 31, 2010

Something new..

I'm always so impressed by those of you who post so often. I enjoy keeping up to date with every ones lives. I wish some of you did it more often too... However, I realize that I'm not the best at posting all the time either. I guess I feel like if I don't have a picture to accompanied the post its not worth posting. That may or may not be true, but one thing I haven't done lately is take pictures. For good reason too... we've been sick!! Can you believe it? We've been passing the same germs back and forth for weeks. This time though, I got hit hard. I couldn't breath out of my nose for 4 DAYS!! Do you know what that's like? NyQuil and I had a prompt 8 o'clock date every evening. (The only reason it was so late was because I still had to work.) I got a good taste of what motherhood is like when you are under the weather. The kids still need to be cared for. That was awful. I finally went to the doctor for the first time since I was 5!! I guess having a dad that's a doctor really is handy. I got some medicine and I think its only doing half its job.

Anyways I'm done complaining. Can I just brag about my amazing husband? Hes been getting up at 6am every day so he can get to work 1 1/2 hours early to study for the CFA. He stays an hour 1/2 late, then he spends at least 5-8 hours on Saturday studying. Not to mention all the practice tests he sneaks in once I've gone to sleep. I have to give a shout out to my Friend Lindsey who's husband is doing the same thing. They are a good support system for each other. The test isn't until June 6th but this is their schedule till then. Only 40% of people pass the test, so all this hard work is required! Please keep him in your prayers!! This is just part one. If he passes he still has two more parts he'll take in June of 2011 and 2012!!

I found a new hobby!! Not sure what to call it, but I like it. I guess its a type of digital scrapbook. My friend Lindsey showed me how and I've been all over it today. Hopefully this means my creativity levels will increase. Don't hold your breath though! Its been a fun pass time and this was my first accomplishment! What do you think?!?!




4 comments:

  1. Funny thing - I am sitting here typing this at the kitchen table while we are eating breakfast and Lilimae started saying "naked" when she saw that picture of Mike on your sidebar. Haha.

    I like your posts whether they have pictures or not! I just like to know what's going on with people. But I know what you mean. I'm sorry you've been so sick. It is no fun when you're sick and you have to take care of other people. Luckily I haven't been too sick when Michael couldn't take care of Lilimae, but I did have morning sickenss when I had to take care of her myself, and that was so hard!! We take our good health for granted most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is nice to have someone to pass the CFA widowhood times with : )

    Talk about creative, 2 headers in one day!!! They look great! Isn't it so much fun?

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHA-- I know I should probably find a picture where he's clothed... especially if I'm setting a bad example for the kiddies!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the digital scrapbook page. I just got informed on those! Really awesome. The one I know is through Creative Memories...what is yours through?
    As far as posting...don't worry about no pictures...those who read love to have you post anytime.

    ReplyDelete