Friday, January 8, 2010

Christmas time in Ohio

For Christmas this year we went home Ohio. I wanted it to be a surprise. So I told only my mom to help me work out the logistics of our arrival. We got there at 10:30pm Dec 23rd. We slowly snuck into the house and headed for the living room where we knew they were gathered played scrabble. I walked in and said "HO HO HO." And they just looked at me. Like huh? Then it struck them that we weren't suppose to be there but we were. There where shrieks of joy and hugs all around. My brother Andrew said "maybe Christmas won't be so bad after all (he was sad my brother on a mission would miss christmas.)" My dad said the next morning he woke up at 5 am and couldn't fall back asleep because he was so excited we were home. Christmas eve my grandparents got their and we walked upstairs wrapped as christmas packages and gave them a good surprise! It was soo great to feel so wanted!
Christmas eve we joined in a christmas eve tradition making cookies for Santa.
That night after we went caroling we came home and all received a new pair of christmas eve PJ's! (Mike was glad mine were frog print free!)
As we gathered in the family room in our warm new pj's my dad told the traditional story of the night he saw Santa and what Santa had taught him about christmas and all its symbols. What a great reminder that it is all centered around Christ.
Christmas morning we woke up at 7 am to open gifts. We first took some fun pictures and dad read the Christmas story from Luke 2.
Mike and Andrew are a hoot together.
Jenson jr family
Dad beginning his reading
Mom and dad crying after all the money they spent. lol.
The compete madness that is christmas morning at the McKnights
Andrew all to anxious for it to be his turn to rip into this massive gift with his name on it!
And at 11:30 after about 4 hours of gifts it was over... and the living room... a disaster beyond belief!
While at home I was able to see all of my favorite high school/church friends. As well as spent a ton of time with my family. Monday my mom and two sisters went to go see the "Princess and the Frog" and couldn't resist this photo opt with the 'munks! We went shopping and out to lunch all in the middle of a snow storm. Tues I was able to see my moms parents and 3 of her sisters and their families. It was so fun to see how much my little cousins have grown up.
Wednesday morning I headed to the airport and said goodbye to my sisters and my mom.
My dads parents come to the airport to say goodbye to me as I headed off to Utah. It was a great surprise!


Overall I'd have to say it was a successful trip home for the holidays!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad it was so much fun! And that you pulled off the surprise! What a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete