Saturday, January 9, 2010

New Years in Utah

Mike and I where able to go to Utah from Dec 30th to Jan 4th. We had such a great time. I feel so blessed to have the "in laws" that I do. Mike parents are so awesome and are such great examples to all of us. And now I have a bunch of "older" brothers and sisters. I always wanted older brothers and sisters to watch and learn from growing up, and now I have some of the greatest example of women of faith and virtue to look up too. They are such good moms and I hope when I have kids I can be as patient and loving as they are with theirs. Not to mention that not I have niece and nephews, something I won't have from my siblings for a while. It was just a great trip and my eyes were completely opened to how truly blessed I am to be part of two truly wonderful and amazing families. Anyways- We had a blast while we were there. I wish I knew how to do cool collages so you could glance at the pictures quickly without having to scroll a mile down the page (Lindsey will you teach me that sometime?)

On New Years Eve morning we used the church gym to play volleyball, basketball, ride scooters and hang out. I'm not to great at any of these things so I saved my self a lot of embaressing moments just watching contently from the side lines. Knock our was pretty competitive (as in any competition Mike and his brother Jared partake in together.)
This is my proud husband after he beat his brother in THIS particular game.
My cute nephew loves hanging on Uncle Mike
Later that Day we all went to Boondocks together to go bowling. This place was amazing. It was like a glorified version of chucky cheese but fun for adults too. They had bowling, arcade games, lazer tag, play place for kids, go carts and mini-golf. I took advantage of the oppurtunity of having (I think) the whole family there and took some pictures.
The permanns
Mom, Grandma and babies
Mike helping our nephew bowl (but really I neede more help than this kid!)
Hugging said bowling pro.
Us playing Lazer tag, which by the way was sooo much fun. We only had 7 and the other team had 11 and we only lost by 1,000 points. We worked pretty well together. It was such a blast. I literally ran right into a play from the other team and didn't even say "sorry" or ask if he was ok. I just shoke it off and ran like a banche (P.S.-I used this word for Ami Moffit because it makes me think of her and scroge now.)
We also made a killing at arcade games!! Mike got the 300 jackpot on the jump rope!
And I scored the 500 ticket jackpot on this thingy!!!
Then my neice turned around and right after me got the 500 jackpot!!
So fun!!
At midnight I got my first New Years Eve kiss EVER!! I know I know right? Last year we were on a plane and the time zones were a little foggy as we flying cross country.

We had quite the crowd to help us celebrate the new year!!
Permanns
Miles

This is a really funny picture if you look close!
On New Years Day. I watch the OSU game with anticipation. It was a great bowl game. If you remember a while back my post to my good friend Aubri about why my Buckeyes would win against her Ducks... well THEY DID!!!! I was so happy. My dad and I texted throughout the whole game which was so fun. It was good to "Watch it" with someone who shares my shear passion for OSU. Although I did watch it with my brother-in-law who is in dental school at OSU so that was pretty cool.
V-is for VICTORY. Please note my OSU gear. The necklase is made out of Buckeye nuts (buckeye is the name of a tree found all over columbus.) Also you can't see them but my ears have block O's in them for OSU!
Thst night we met our good freinds Bobber/Alissa and cousins T-bone/nicole at In-and-Out burger. I must say the friends were much better than the food... sad day :(

Mike was able to go to a Jazz game with his brothers. He had a great time enjoying the free food and luxury the suite had to offer... but was not pleased with the end score. We had a great sunday attending his old ward, playing games, visiting with family and eating great food. The above is a picture of mikes sister becca and her "freind" aaron. He is like 6'6'' or something like that. We all accidentally wore green sunday.

All in all it was a great trip. Sad to leave. Made us miss being away from family. However, it was nice to come home to little snow on the ground, our own bed, friends and the cats, of course!

2 comments:

  1. ha you gave me a good laugh! Glad you think of me and scrooge!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your posts! I do was lucky enough to marry into an amazing family from Utah! Fun! They are all older than me too and great examples of how to truely live in God's word and to be great parents!
    Hey...just an FYI on the pictures. Try www.slide.com That is what I use!

    ReplyDelete