Friday, March 29, 2013

Valentines Day 2013






 Better Late than never...

This year valentines day was pretty low key for us. I was so busy with school work that I barely had time to make it to the store to get him some v-day treats. I got a box of gushers and wrote a cute note that started with the words "I've been gushing to tell you..." and left it on the bathroom sink for him to find in the morning. I also poured s'more goldfish into a jar, and attached a note that  said "of all the fish in the sea, I'm glad you chose me." I gave that to him later in the day.... I figured it was best to spread my measly v day offering out.




Mike told me the night before that he would be waking up to make me breakfast in bed on valentines day. I told him I loved the thought but not to waste his time. I had to leave the house by 7am to get to school for my early morning tutoring session. I never eat that early. I asked if he would perhaps bring me Panera Bread to school for my lunch break. I only get 20 - 25ish minutes for lunch so I can never leave campus. I always have to pack something (usually a salad) and it gets old and boring. I was pretty exited about my lunch delivery! He came as promised around lunch time. I introduced my class to Mr. Jenson and they thought that was pretty cool. They only saw him for 5 minutes, but the rest of the day they kept asking where "Mr. Jenson" went. He was a hit, and so was my delicious lunch!





 After work I went to Trader Joes to find a nice FROZEN dinner to warm up. I was to tired to make something from scratch. I decided on an Italian theme and bought a pizza, pesto pasta, boursin cheese, a baguett and of course a small chocolate cake. I started preparing dinner as soon as I got home. I pulled out all our "romantic dinner" tableware and made it look fancier than it was. I left the food on the stove while I went and tried to get Pandora on the TV to play sexy Italian music to set the mood. After eight minutes of annoyance I gave up and put on Kenny G instead. It was at that moment I started to smell an unpleasant aroma coming from the kitchen. My delicious pasta was burnt to a crisp! What!! I NEVER burn food like that, but here I was with a burnt valentines day dinner. Thank goodness I still had the pizza and cheese. I was able to salvage a few bite of the pasta that had not been turned black and put them in a bowl. Mike came home and was pretty impressed, which made me happy since I felt anything but impressive at that point.

  
 
We had a nice meal together, very casual nothing fancy, don't let the candle light fool you ;) But it was nice having a meal at home together on a week night. Epps even joined us for dinner.









 After dinner I went and found one of the gifts I gave Mike on our 1st valentines day, which was 5 years ago (2008.) It was a box I decorated. Originally I filled it with hershey hugs and kisses and tiny strips of paper that had mushy love song lyrics on them... but none that mentioned "love," since we weren't say the "L" word at that point. Once the candy was out of the box Mike put in some of the other papers I had given him that night that listed reasons why I like him. We read all of them and laughed, and reminiscence. What great memories. We also remembered we were celebrating the 5 year anniversary of our first kiss, which ended up being the last first kiss we would ever have. Sigh, happy memories!



No comments:

Post a Comment