Monday, March 18, 2013

March 18, 2013, Day 2 Cruise, Day at Sea


Today we spent the entire day at see enroute to the furthest destination on our trip, St Lucia.

We ate breakfast, gazed at the blue waters, hung out at the pool. {I was proud that I started my morning by going to the gym and getting a good work out in. Mike spent a few hours studying for the CFA on the balcony of the room while I went to the pool with my parents. I had some homework to read so I did some light reading on the side of the pool. At one point we got dragged (literally) into playing a pool side game. It was a line of guys vs a line of girls. They gave us a towel to dunk in the water then we passed it to the end of the line and the last person have to squeeze all the water out of it into a bucket. Whichever team filled their bucket up with water first won.} Mike and I played putt-putt on a course that was disappointingly not well constructed, especially for a cruise liner.  Later in the day Mike and I entered a basketball competition.  We played a pick up game with 3 young boys and 3 adults.  It was not very competitive, but fun.  Mike and I stayed after the game was over and two younger guys from Africa or the Caribbean joined us.  They could not speak English and had their own set of rules.  It was much more competitive.  Later, two other friends joined them and we played three on three.  Mike and I played on the same team and won.  That was fun, because even though they were pretty aggressive and good, we beat them! {While dad and Mike were off playing ball mom and I went and got her set up on the internet and tried to make contact with the outside world. We also spent some time by the pool. I went to the thermal suit and took a nap at one point. I love laying on the hot stone beds and being rocked bak and forth by the ocean.}

That night we had a formal dinner and enjoyed visiting with our table companions, Fred and Kathy from Maine.  They are both retired school teachers.  Fred taught history and coached basketball for nearly 40 years.  We had a lot to talk about!  They are very nice people .  He is now a lobster fisherman six months of the year.  He is very interesting to talk to and at times I had to purposely stop talking to him and pay attention to my family.  Two other couples from Canada rounded our assigned table.

After dinner, we changed and went to a singing and dancing performance in the Pacifica Theater.  It is huge and very nice.  I thought the performers did a nice job, but my travel companions were not extremely entertained.  {Nope, Mike and I left after the first two songs. After the performance we met mom and dad at a quiet lounge and played monopoly deal. Mike had gotten really burnt at the pool earlier that day so my mom brought some ladicane to spray over his burns to give him some relief. By 10 pm we were tired, but went to an inside terrace and looked down 5 stories before heading off to bed.














No comments:

Post a Comment