Sunday, March 18, 2012

Super Bowl Sunday

I will be the first to admit that I am NOT a pro-football fan. Which is funny since I am from Ohio and we have not one but two pro-football teams (The Cleveland Browns and the Cincinnati Bengals.) But my family didn't watch much TV on Sundays as it was a family day so pro-football wasn't a big deal. So when the super bowl comes around each year My family never really did anything, half the time I didn't even know it was on until Monday at school when everyone was talking about it. Mike has become increasingly interested in pro-football as he has become involved in fantasy football.

At work on Friday everyone was asking me what our plans were for the Superbowl... We didn't have any plans and it kind of made me feel lame and slightly un-American. So Saturday (the day before the super bowl) I decided I didn't want to have to go to work on Monday and be the only person who didn't use the superbowl as an excuse for a social event. So I went to the grocery store and got some food together and texted a few close friends to see if they wanted to come over for Super Bowl Sunday.

I spent a lot of the afternoon in the kitchen making buffalo wings, 7 layer dip, Giant/Patriot colored cupcakes, piggies in a blanket, fruit dip and a fruit tray. I think it turned out well.

As for the superbowl it's self... I watched very little of it. Having people over didn't increase my interest in the actual game, or even the commercials. But I did enjoy visiting with a few of my friends and eating all the yummy food we had.



No comments:

Post a Comment