Sunday, March 11, 2012

Costa Rica Day 6: Heaven/ Paradise on a Beach

After our nature walk we went to a local restaurant for some fresh fruit and fruit drinks. Then we headed back to the hotel. Mike, his parents and I finished up our game of pinochle. Much to everyones surprise we won putting us in the finals against Heather and Brandon. We had lunch together then, much to my pleasure, we went back to the beach for the afternoon. We swam, watched the waves, walked on the sand and took in the absolutely breath taking view. For a few short hours I might as well of been in heaven.













After a while we went back to the main beach area. The National Park where we spent most of the afternoon was very secluded and not very touristy you had to pay to get in. The main beach area was very tourist with shops, stands and water activities. We found a flea market tucked back behind some buildings. It was the perfect place to bargain for our souvenirs. It was fun to speak the little spanish I know with the people there, they were all so friendly and willing to give me a good deal. I got little toys for the kids I babysit, all of which make noise so I'm sure their mother wasn't to thrilled. I also found a cute pearl bracelet and beautiful bring blue sundress. I was pretty happy with my findings. After getting all the things I wanted, we headed back to the main beach. Just in time to watch the sunset.













It was once again, breath taking. After the sunset we took the local bus back to the hotel. We cleaned up and went to dinner. What type of food did we have for our last big family dinner in Costa Rica? Italian. Yep, we had pizza for dinner. I love mexican food but it is heavy. All the rice and beans sit in your stomach all day. I was happy to have a small salad and a few small pieces of thin crust pizza.

After dinner we went back to Mikes parents room for round two of the pinochle tournament. This was probably the highlight of my night. Not because we won (even though we did) it was watching all the other couples get so worked up over it. I usually am very competitive but since Mike and I have only been playing pinochle for a while I pretty much wrote us out of being contenders in the tournament. So I just played for fun. There were others however, who were very into it. I loved watching other people get so into a game. It may or may not have caused a little bit of contention at times, but I have played very little games myself where I haven't caused a little contention as well. It was a wonderful day, I was not ready to have to leave the Beautiful Manuel Antonia so soon after we got there.

No comments:

Post a Comment