Sunday, March 18, 2012

My Valentine to Mike

So I have this little problem. I really, really like doing special things for my hubby. I love planning romantic dates and surprising him with little things at work or at home. I don't have time to do it as often as I like though. So when special days (like valentines, which is the anniversary of our first kiss) come up it is hard for me to just sit around and let him do all the work. So although we agreed that he would plan our valentines day I had a few things of my own planned.

I left work a little early to go to Mikes office to do a few sneaky things of my own. When I got to his office I went right to work decorating his car. I have always wanted to "ask" him on a date like the girls in Utah ask a guy to a dance. Since he might be a little embarrassed on a regular day if I decorated his car I figured I got a free pass on valentines dat. So I decorated his car and wrote him a poem. I tried to give him a few hints as to what the theme of our date would be. It was going to be a "Tangled" theme, I used words like glowing lights, far of land and magic journey. I used wanted posters with sketched pictures of Mike and even had a valentines day sticker of Rapunzel. Although he had no idea what the theme was, but I like was proud of my efforts. (I also have to give credit where credit is due, I didn't get this idea on my own. I once again turned to my favorite dating website Dating Diva for my idea. I LOVE them! They help me plan all my big dates.)

















After I finished my mischief outside I went in side to drop off a little valentines dat treat to my valentine. He was surprised to see me and I think he enjoyed his cupcake as well.
(I thought these cupcakes were to beautiful not to take a picture of. I wish I could say I made them but I don't have that kind of time on my hands on a workday. They are from the bakery at Palmers in Darien)

THE DATE:
I spent Saturday getting the house decorated for our date. Since I was going to be using paper lanterns I decided to decorate my house using an Asian theme. It was a lot of fun. I think it turned out really nice. I even had the pandora playing a traditional chinese music station. I really felt like I was somewhere else. Mike was super surprised when he got home. He had no idea what I was planning just what time he needed to be home. I had planned to make a bunch of chinese food but I didn't feel that well that day so I just went to P.F. Changs and Panda express and got a little of all of our favorite things. It was a feat indeed and we had leftovers for several days. Our dinner was lovely, the food delicious and the conversation wonderful, perfect start. After dinner I told him we were going to watch Tangeled. He was a little skeptical since it is a Princess cartoon but I promised he wouldn't mind it, and he didn't. I don't know that he will be watching it again anytime soon but he liked it enough for our date.

I had pre ordered paper lanterns that we could light and send up in the sky. I had planned to take them to the beach which I thought would be a romantic backdrop. But alas the weather had other plans. It was raining so we weren't able to light them but thats ok. We can do it for another romantic date night.















Not ready for the night to be over we decided we want to go get some dessert. We thought about going somewhere fancy like the melting pot but decided the only thing we really wanted was another one of those cookies monster like desserts from Coldstone again. So back we went to coldstone, twice in the same week. We once again got one dessert to share and devoured it in no time at all.

What a great evening we had together. These kinds of dates where I put so much of my thoughts and time into are really so special. We always have so much fun together and fall in deeper and deeper into love. *LUCKY*


1 comment: