Sunday, March 18, 2012

Mike's Valentine to Me


I am really glad Mike and I got married in August. That means that we have 6 months between valentines day and our anniversary. Mike and I have come to an agreement that we will trade off who plans the date for both these events. Since I did our anniversary and Valentines day last year Mike thought it was his turn to plan a nice evening for valentines day.

He really went above and beyond and treated me like a Princess the whole day. When I went out to my car in the morning he had left a ballon and valentines day stickers all over it with a note telling me how much he loved me.

When I went out to my car after work I found a dozen of beautiful red roses on my car. It was like the good ol' days when we dated. I think I found flowers on my car every other week when we were dating. My very own prince charming.



I had class on Valentines day so I got home around 6:30 and Mike was already there with a candle light dinner waiting for me at the table. Since he didn't have time to make a nice dinner on a work night he picked up pizza, salad, and Vodka Sauce pasta from my favorite pizza place in Stamford (Remo's.) He even had a "love position" for us to drink in our champagne glasses.




But that wasn't all. When I went to go upstairs this is what I saw. A nice little poem and a path of hugs and kisses leading up to the bedroom. When I got to the bedroom he had balloons, rose pedals, and gifts laying on the bed. After 3 1/2 years of marriage he really knows how to make me happy. He gave me a pair of fuzzy socks and a charm for my pandora necklace which were both lovely. But the gift I loved the most was home made. He printed out every letter of the alphabet on a little notecard and entitled them "The ABC's of Love." For every letter of the alphabet he wrote something he loved about me or a memory we made together that coordinated with that letter. I LOVED it and will cherish that gift forever. Those are the best type of gifts ever.








For dessert we decided to go out. We use to love going to Coldstone when we were dating in Rexburg so we thought it was appropriate to go their for dessert. Before we walked in we saw a picture of this amazing looking dessert on the window and nothing else even stood a chances. It was similar to a cookie monster (another favorite dessert in Rexburg from my former place of employment, Cragios.) We knocked this thing out in 2 minutes, maybe less. It was delicious! Sidenote: I love that Mike will share a dessert with me and not make me get my own.


It was the perfect Valentines day and I felt very loved and cared for. It meant a lot to me that Mike put so much thought into what would make me happy and feel special. He really is a wonderful husband and I am so lucky to have found my very own prince charming who can make every day feel like a happily ever after.



1 comment: