Monday, February 20, 2012

The Lion King- On Broadway

For Christmas this year Mike surprised me with tickets to see the Lion King on Broadway the Saturday after New Years. What a great gift! I have been wanting to see it since we moved to the area but never really wanted to pay the money to see it. So it was the perfect thing to surprise me with.

We headed down to the city in the late morning to catch the afternoon matinee. I was so giddy and full of excitement and anticipation. The Lion King was one of my favorite movies as a kid and continues to be at the top of my Disney classic list. I was so excited to see how they would translate that into a broadway production.



As the show started I was in TOTAL COMPLETE aw. I had no idea that Pride Rock would rise up from the center of the stage or that all the animals would come strutting through the audience to the stage. It was seriously amazing, it ma or may not have moved me to tears. As the show went on I was completely engaged and loved every minute of it. I wish I would have gone sooner. It was just so incredible.

The view from the theater foyer overlooked time square. We couldn't help but reminisce about what we were doing in time square the week before. We wished we would have been watching all the festivities from this location, maybe next year :)



After the show it was dinner time. We found a great little pizza place not to far away and had a wonderful dinner. I always love our date nights in the city. I wish we made it to the city for them more often. But CFA season has officially started so it will be June before Mike and I have time on a Saturday to make it to the city for a date night.

Great Date Night. I highly recommend seeing the Lion King.

No comments:

Post a Comment