Monday, February 6, 2012

Favorite Christmas Day Memories via Photos

(I do understand that Christmas was over a month ago but I am a little behind.)

After church we came home and took pictures in our nice sunday clothes. Then we all slipped back into our PJ's and got in formation to open gifts. With 10 people and a ton of presents the seating was a little tight. It was a cozy christmas morning/afternoon.
For the first hour or two we watch everyone open their gifts one at a time. It is fun to see everyone reactions. Mom loved her new sunglasses (that she ordered for herself on QVC.)
I didn't get a picture of it (unfortunately) but I got my grandparents a GREAT gift this year. I got everyone in my family to write at least 10 or more of their favorite memories with my grandparents. I then printed them off on color coordinating card stock and cut them up and put them in a large vase. It looked really pretty and could be used as a decoration. But whenever they need a smile or miss the grandkids then can pull a piece of paper out of the vase and BAM a memory :) I even got some tears. Mission accomplished.
I love my dads face in this picture. My mom really wanted the meat grinder accessory for her Boss mixer and my dad got it for her without her knowing (something that rarely happens.) He was surprised that she was surprised. Classic!
Andrew showing off his new glasses and his G-Shock watch. He was pretty pleased. He is such the comedian on christmas morning (actually he is always the comic relief.) He makes me laugh. A lot!
Since we had church and then started opening gifts we didn't have anything to eat and we were all STARVING. We gladly paused gift opening (what would have been a sin 5 years ago on Christmas) for a christmas morning breakfast feast. Our traditional turnovers, egg soufflé and fruit salad. Yum.
What a messy living room. At this point we just needed to unwrap all the gifts so it was a free for all!
I got my brothers and Mike a lottery ticket for christmas. It was fun to watch them try to win some money (Andrew won $2! We continue to learn you can't win when you gamble.)

The rest of the day we played lots of ping pong, took naps, watched movies, ate and incredible dinner, laid by the fire and stayed in our PJ'S. Thats my idea of a perfect Christmas. One where you spend all day in your PJ's and just relax with your family. I wish everyday was Christmas.


It was a wonderful day and I feel so blessed to have spent it with the ones I love the most. As we get older the times where all 5 kids, parents, grandparents and spouses are together become fewer and farther between. I feel blessed to have had the week before Christmas and then some to spend with my wonderful family. As crazy and as imperfect as we are I couldn't love crazy family more. There aren't words enough to express my love and gratitude for this table full of people. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment