Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Forever Friends

You know those friends who you feel like you have known for what seems like forever? The ones who you have played dress up with (even if you were 14,) had sleepovers with, stayed up all night telling secrets with, pulled pranks on people with, were in musicals and choir with, cheered at pep rallies and football games with, went to lunch everyday with, sang in the car at the top of your voice with and served on student council with. The ones where even if there is a long silent pause, it isn't awkward. Who were your closest friends in high school, even though you were slightly obnoxious and very immature. Who you may have had a falling out with once or twice, but always found your way back too. Whose families felt like family to you. Who you cried when you gave that goodbye hug to before you went off to different colleges (or cried with you when you left your family and went to college together.) The ones who now that you are grown up and living in the real world you may only see (if you are lucky) once a year. Who you may or may not have phone dates with frequently but always know what is going on because you keep an eye on their facebook page or blog? But when you finally get together after all that time apart you feel like you are right where you belong. I love those types of friends. I love the friends who have known me longer than my husband. Who know what my life was like when I was younger. Who know my family and have watched my siblings grow up with me.

Those friends are the best! I am lucky to have a few friends like that. These beautiful ladies happen to be two of those friends. The stars finally aligned on Dec 26th and the three of us, who where in town for Christmas, were able to get together for breakfast. Missing that morning were two other ladies who we love. They live in Utah and California and weren't in town and were greatly missed.

Our morning together was too short and we didn't get to cover nearly the amount of things I would have liked, but it was still wonderful. Have you seen your episode of How I Met Your Mother where they talk about how sometimes when you get around old friends you revert back into your old ways. Ted and Punchy and then Lilly and her friend. Remember how lilly and her friend talk all thug like and it is hilarious. Well we didn't talk like thugs but I think we giggled like we were back at a sleepover in high school. I loved every second of it!

Friends like this are what I like to think of as Forever Friends. Not best friends, those kind of move in and out of your life. Forever Friends are the ones who are always there for you and even thousands of miles won't diminish the bond between you, it just makes it stronger.

Love you girls!!

1 comment: