Thursday, March 24, 2011

Ho-Hum

I know that I just got back from a cruise so I have tons of pictures and stories to share. But I'm still in vacation mode. I don't want to do anything productive. Which is fine since I am still on vacation. However, I'm a little worried that this lackadaisical attitude of mine won't go away in a few days when I'm back to the daily grind. The good news is there is less than 3 months left of school :) YAY!

I have really enjoyed my reunion with this guy. It is like he never left. He is rocking the fohawk and no shaving look, so obviously he is enjoying being home with no rules about grooming ;-) I have been able to hang out a lot with him during the day when everyone is at school and work. I love having some time to myself. So glad he is home, but weird to think my little brother is an RM. Like he could get married whenever he wants... CrAzY.
Since being home I have also enjoyed making dinner for my family. I made my signature chicken dish on my moms birthday and EVERYONE loved it. That is saying a lot for my hard to please brothers and sisters. Last night I made a dish that I tried to recreate from the cruise. Of course it wasn't quite as good but again it went over well. Especially for being a pasta dish. Everyone in my family hates pasta. But my kick but homemade pesto linguine with green beans potatoes and seasoned baked tomatoes went over really well.
As I mentioned it was my moms birthday and I picked out this lovely Dairy Queen ice cream cake.
It has also been nice spending time with my mom. As I mentioned we celebrated her 50th birthday on Monday night. It was so fun to have all the kids, my parents and grandparents together for dinner. It was just like a Sunday dinner years ago! On Saturday I am throwing her a little birthday party!
QUESTION: I want to make a collage of my pictures from the cruise so I don't overwhelm anyone. I know a lot of you use collages on your blogs, what programs do you use? I need some help here!

4 comments:

  1. Love the faux hawk : )

    I use Picasa to make the collage, and photobucket to make it bigger (resize it to probably 500 or 550 width ). You can also make collages in photobucket, the pics are just are all the same size, where as picasa does varying sizes of pictures...does that make sense?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use picnik.com
    I like them, but unless you pay you can't upload more than five photos or make a collage of more than 4 photos at a time...but I've been considering paying for a month of it because it's definitely my favorite free website for editing I've found.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you're enjoying your vacay! Keep enjoying because it will be over before you know it!

    Picasa is super easy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited for you that your brother came home!! I know how close you two are. And your food sounds YUMMY!! (And I'd love a piece of that ice cream cake about right now.)

    I can't wait to hear about your cruise!

    ReplyDelete