Monday, December 27, 2010

End of Year Work Dinner

(I know I'm really behind on this)

On Friday Dec 10th we were able to attend Mike's end of year dinner. I always look forward to these dinners every year. To find a festive outfit to add to my wardrobe, get all dressed up and attend a nice party. When I get there though I ask myself "why was I so excited for this?" I'm surprised that with my fairly outgoing nature that I feel so awkward in these situations. You know the situation where you know 8 people in the whole room, are being introduced/re-introduced at lightning speed to person after person, all of which you are expected to remember. Almost everyone has a nice cocktail in hand and your ginger ale with ice seems a strange choice. And the people you do know and could carrying on a conversation with are busy visiting with others.
The good news is we have some friends in our ward that also work with Mike and attend these event as well. After dinner we were able to get together and visit for a while, which was my favorite part of the whole evening!

Nicki & McKay, Mike & I, Dave and Liz

Until we meet again PA Party!

1 comment:

  1. I'm kind of jealous - spouses are not invited to JT's holiday party, & I can't bring a guest to mine either. Although it would be a lot of pressure to try to remember everyone's names!

    ReplyDelete