Friday, December 31, 2010

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve morning I woke up early and we made homemade whole wheat pancakes. They were topped with heavently homemade coconut syrup given to me by my friend Shelley! Soo yummy. Mike had to leave to take some friends of ours to the airport so I continued on my baking quest. I baked probably 30 loafs of bread and 5 different types of cookies this year. However, my sugar cookies are always my favorite to decorate and eat. I think they turned out pretty cute this year.

Once Mike got home we spent time together... cleaning the house and getting ready to host a christmas event the next day. We did the unthinkable and went to the mall at about 3:30 on christmas eve... I was probably the only one there NOT doing christmas shopping. I was of course doing last minute birthday shopping for mike brithday on the 26th. It was awful thought. I went to Hallmark to get him a card and walked right out... it was soo crowded and there were no Christmas cards left eithor.

Following the mall we went to the Murphys house for a little get together with a lot of families in the ward. We had a wide variety of yummy soups, breads and treats to warm us up. And we needed the warm dinner because afterwards we headed to New Canaan to sing Chritmas carols with about 1,000 other people.
It was a really neat experience. Everyone standing around a large christmas tree holding a candle and singing religious christmas carols.
I love this boy so much!
Following the christmas carols we went to the Jensen's house for another Christmas eve party. The food was delicious... yes that is a homemade cheesecake with a chocolate gnash frosting (compelments of Ben Johnson)
All of the YUMMY food we ate!
The company and conversation was fantastic as always and we really enjoyed the evening.
We played this super fun "box" game where you have to try to open this box while the person next to you roles the dice till the get doubles, once doubles are rolled it is thier turn to try and open the box. Don't be fooled, the box is not so easy to open and there maybe another box in the one you just opened!!
Mike taking matters into his own hands. Good thing the prize wasn't fragial.
Now Moroni beating the life out of the box.
Mike actaully won the box game and a pair of movie tickets!! SWEET!!

We of coure had a white elephant gift exchange... and much was left up to interpretation of what to bring for the gift. Mike beacame an honorary graduate of Utah State University (where he did attend his first year of college.) and I ended up with a sweet ginger bread man kit!
After the party we went home and skyped family, gave each other new christmas PJ's, played some Wii and anxiously awaited Santa Clauses arrival!!

2 comments:

  1. Fun Christmas Eve! Would you mind emailing me the ones you took of us on that night? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hair is so long & pretty, I love it! What a fun Christmas you guys had!

    ReplyDelete