Thursday, July 29, 2010

Day 7,8,9: Wed, Thur, Fri June 23, 24, 25th, 2010

Wednesday the we all went shopping to find mom some nice modest dresses (something done so much easier in Utah than out east.) Literally we spent ALL day out and shopping. We shopped till we dropped. The highlight of my day was Cafe Rio for dinner. However, the girls really let me down both of them complained about it... how can you not like Cafe Rio??

Thursday was a lot of fun. My dad flew in and we picked him up that morning. We went straight to Temple Square to show the girls (This was their first visit to Utah.) We did all the "big" things. Visitors center tour, Joseph Smith Building, Lion House for Lunch, Beehive house, Church Office building and tour of the Conference center.
This is the Christus statue of the creation. I love how the stars look like they twinkle.
This was my favorite. It is an exact replica of what the Salt Lake City temple looks like inside. What a great missionary tool.
View of the temple from the top of the Church Office Buildings.
Dad and the little girls
Dad and all his girls. This was on the roof of the Conference Center. I loved going on this tour because we had two non-member older women on the tour with us. They asked us so many gospel oriented question and it was so fun to share our beliefs with them. When we said good-bye to them they thanked us for being such good ministers to them. I thought it was pretty cool.
After temple square we met up with my dads dear friend Frank Child's (they roomed together in college for 3 years.) We went to Little Cottenwood Canyon for a cook out with him, his wife and daughter and her husband and son. We really enjoyed ourselves, it was fun to get to know them better and enjoy the beautiful weather and scenery. It really made me appreciate those Utah mountains even more. On our way up the canyon however, I had a little melt down. I could not stand seeing all the way down the canyon and being so close to the edge. HATED that actually.
The girls & Frank and dad
On Friday the girls went to Lagoon again, Dad was at his medical conference and mom and I hung out with the family a home. Just some good quality bonding time. That night mom joined dad at the conference where they had dinner with Suzan Summers and some other medical professionals that were speaking at the conference. While they were gone Joleen took the girls and I out on a little date. We went to Deseret Book, the girls were in AWW. They had never been in a store with so many mormon things before. They had to kick us out when it closed.

Then we went to the Bountiful temple. The girls had never been there before and they loved it!
We even took some pictures on the temple grounds. We will be going here for Mike's sister Becca's wedding in a week and a half!
I just love my little sisters.
After the temple we went to an AWESOME frozen custard place. On the way home we stopped at the place Becca is having her reception (it is beautiful!) I loved that my sister had that time to get to know my "other mom" so well. They absolutely love her and it is so much easier for them to accept that I have "another" family now that they know and love them like I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment