Friday, May 21, 2010

Visit from Friends!

Last week I was really excited to have one of my good friends from high school visit with his fiance. Aaron was in my ward growing up. He was always one of the three LDS kids in my graduating class. He was always such an awesome example to me of what living the Gospel standards meant. I don't think the kid had a single enemy, he was great. He went to the Naval Academy after high school were he was required to stay for two years of schooling before he served his mission. He went to Roma Italy, where he met his fiance (at the MTC on their first day.) Don't worry kids. It wasn't love at first sight they just really respected each other and missionaries and kept in touch after Christina went home. When Aaron got home they began talking over the phone every night. They finally reconnected over Conference weekend and the rest is history.
I don't think he could have found someone better suited for him than Christina. She is a such a sweet girl. I couldn't be happier for them. I was so great having them stay with us for a night. It was fun to catch up and make some more memories. Friends are so awesome, especially they ones who have known you forever. The ones who have seen your "awkward" years, watched you make mistakes, gotten in fights with you- then made peace. The ones who know your family and remind you of home. I'm so glad I have a handful of really great friends that I still am able to "reconnect" with every once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment