Saturday, May 8, 2010

"Hi my name is Kristin and I'm a "piler"

This past week has been so busy for both Mike and I. Mike has been spending all of his free time studying for the CFA (or staying up late to watch the Jazz play... BOO) Meanwhile I've been working, making college visits and spending every minute of my free time searching for an apartment. Needless to say the house has been on the bottom of my "to do list." I think I even have a load of laundry in the dryer that has been there since... monday afternoon. At one point I walked in to the house and the smell of the dirty dishes in the sink was so overwhelming I had to do a quick damage control clean on kitchen, open the windows and spray my sensey oder eater EVERYWHERE. But the think that annoys both me and Mike the most is my habit of piling my clothes. I've been doing it ever since I can remember. I don't always do it, only when I'm really busy... which is more often then it should be. I can't help it though. I walked into my room last night and tripped over the pile of my dirty clothes that was by my bed. What do you think I did after I tripped over it? I took of my jeans and shirt, picked up the pair of dirty sweats in the pile and crawled into bed.... It's kind of embarrassing but this is my coming out. This is my attempt to be better. I am officially saying "Hi my name is Kristin and I'm a piler."
Now please don't look at me different or judge me to harshly we all have our flaws. This is just one of my old habits that I can't seem to break.

My room @ college in 2006

My room last night 2010
So from now on I am really going to work on this bad habit. I thought when I got married all my bad house keeping habits would go away and I would become this amazing housekeeper. Not so much. I do the best I can but am no were close to perfection.

3 comments:

  1. hahaha this is so funny because...

    i'm a piler too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! My whole house looks like that! My house is a reflection of my brain, if it's piled and cluttered, it's because I'm stressed. I also agree on the whole "marriage is a magic wand" thought process. I thought that being tidy would just happen. Nope! Still working on it four years later... YIKES!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha. If you ever start up a "Pilers annonymous" group, Cale and I both need to join! I get so tired of the mess in our room, and I'll clean it up and vow to never let it look that way again. That usually lasts...2 days or so:)

    ReplyDelete