Sunday, November 15, 2009

I'm THANKFUL for modern technology...

So with Thanksgiving fast approaching I would like to mention something I am grateful for. Today for the first time I discovered the gmail video chat. I was able to see and talk with my mom, dad, brother and 2 sisters that are home in Ohio. Now I know many are way advanced and have been doing this for a while but this was my first time. I was so amazed that I could see them, see the paintings on the wall, the piano and the other random pieces of furniture in our "schizophrenic" room (we call it this because its a piano room in one corner, living room in another corner and computer room in the remaining 2 corners. Its all over the place and not sure what it is.) I had fun talking with them and actually being able to watch their facial expressions. Then I thought back to a time when phone calls were just this monumental. Actually being able to hear their voice when once only able to read what was written in a letter. We have made some amazing discoveries in technology and though I can't imagine any developments better than this I know their will be. So it was a lot of fun and although it made me a little homesick I was so thankful for this new form of interaction. Tomorrow night we are having FHE together!! Crazy huh?!?! I love it!!!!

1 comment: