Sunday, November 25, 2012

Megan's Baby Shower

My good friend Megan is having her first baby within the next month or so. Naturally, this meant it was time to get out the baby shower decorations and throw a party. I had a lot of fun with this since I have discovered pinterest! I found tons of fun little ideas for a fall themed baby shower. The theme was "Little Pumpkin" so we tried to stick with oranges and other fall colors for the decor. I planned the menu and gave out some recipes of things I knew we had to have. I mean the best pumpkin, sausage pasta ever known to man. Really, it was that good! I also made a yummy fall salad with pears, bacon, blue cheese, crasins and candied walnuts, topped off with a poppy seed dressing. So delicious. I had one of my girlfriends make a delicious pumpkin pie fruit dip served with crisp apples. Then I had someone else bring a pumpkin soup and delegated desserts. Can you tell I was a little over obsessed with the menu? I was so happy to hear all the raving reviews from the guests. The whole thing went very well I thought and Megan just glowed with that new mommy glow. It's so fun to watch your friends have babies :)


















No comments:

Post a Comment