Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Big Bird and Mitt Romney


This year our Halloween festivities were put off a few days due to Hurricane Sandy. But don't worry we still got to celebrate at a few great parties! We dressed up this year as Big Bird and Mitt Romney. I thought it was a pretty clever idea. With the election being such a hot topic I wanted to do something political. Then when I watched the first Presidential debate where Obama made it sound like Romney hated Big Bird because Romney wanted to cit funding to PBS (which sesame street airs on,) then Romney goes "I love big bird." I was like "BAM! Halloween costumes!" Just kidding, it took me a while to figure it out, I was just glad I thought of something that would require very little effort from Mike. He is kind of a Halloween party pooper. BOO. I'll make a believer out of him yet.

I'm really hoping Romney wins tonight. That way we have Halloween costumes for at least the next 4 years. I figure we go as Romney and some other political figure of the year. lol. Good idea right?

We had a lot of fun at both the parties we went to this year. It was good to see so many friends from the other ward (the one who use to be part of our ward before they split.) At one party we all made Halloween scenes with graham crackers, candy and frosting. I forgot to snap a picture but I made a Harry Potter themed scene. I had the tomb of Dumbledore (with him inside, holding the elder wand,) the whomping willow, Aragon the Spider, the lake with the sword of Gryffindor in it, and Gryffindor tower. I was pretty proud of myself.






No comments:

Post a Comment